Echoing cries and broken ties

Start from the beginning

On reaching their destination she literally attacked the ice cream parlour pushing past the kids in the line.

"Your order madam?"

"Hmm 2 strawberry treats and 1 chocolate waffle"

Jake saw her making her way towards him with hands full of ice cream and waffles.

"Since when did you started liking waffles? I thought you hated them the last time we went for a dessert"

Her steps halted as she stared at her hand holding the waffles.
The question surprised her as well as her mind drifted towards someone who was very fond of waffles.

"Even...I don't know"

Jake ignored her reply grabbing onto his cone of strawberry treat.

"Strawberry was not my type but then I met you."

Her eyes zooming onto him, trying to decipher the meaning behind his words.

"Do you mean to say that I have spoiled your taste, Jake Miller! Go have your plain Vanilla then! Give this to me!"

She tried grabbing onto his ice cream to which he stepped back

"Hey, woman! Calm down! What's with your sudden mood swings! "

"No...give it to me! You go get another!"

She again tried grabbing his ice cream to which he held her wrist and pulled her towards him.
Making her close the distance between them.

She stared at him with that doe like eyes and he got lost in them.

"I never said I don't like it, Elle, instead Strawberry is my new favourite"

Her eyes widened in shock as he smiled at her.
His eyes flickered between her hazel orbs and that strawberry ice cream at the corner of her lips.

How badly he wanted to taste the ice cream through her lips.
How badly he wanted to claim her.

"There is ice cream...at the corner of your lip"

Her hands were full so she tried cleaning it with her sleeves to only see the disappointment in his eyes.

Before she could understand much, his thumb was placed on the corner of her lips, gently cleaning it.

"You are such a clumsy girl Elle, sometimes I don't know what to do with you"

His words did something forbidden inside her as his touch burned her.

Moving back from him she turned her back on him to calm herself down.
While on the other side he licked his thumb covered with her ice cream while staring at her back.

"I.... let's go back"

He nodded and both went back in silence.
His mood worsening as he saw her returning to her sulking again.

He usually doesn't voice his worries but today he has had enough.

As she was making her way back inside with down casted eyes and lost mind, he stopped her.

"Tell me the truth, Elle? How are you?"

Her eyes refused to look up at him and he sighed.

"I am fine"

"Do you know Elle these are the most-lied words in English dictionary."

Her silence was frustrating as he held her shoulders, urging her to look up.

"Elle... please you are hurting me by doing this! He is not worth it... please try to understand this!!"

He shook her shoulders harder trying to wake her up to reality.