The wrong turn

....................................................

To trust is to stand on a railway track waiting for the train to hit you,
To only have someone pull you back at right time and whisper in your ears

"Trust but verify for all we know even trains change their tracks"

....................................................

Veronica's scrutinising gaze was fixed on the page of a paper in her hands as her forehead was covered in creases.

"Is this the only way out?"

She asked directing her question to the legal consultant that sat in front of her.

"Yes ma'am, unless and until this will is declared void or it is lapsed.... nothing can be transferred to your name"

"So you mean to say that if they get divorced, Ashton Lockwood will no longer be her guardian.
And that being done Elle herself will be the only obstacle left in my way?"

"Yes ma'am till Ashton is with her, we can't harm her in any way"

Veronica nodded her head putting together the puzzles in her brain.
She knew what she has to do next and she couldn't stop the smirk that lingered on her face.

"Elle Hamilton Knight, my dearest just wait and watch how I take back all that which was meant to be mine."
....................................................

"Excuse me! I have a meeting with miss Veronica"

Elle asks the receptionist while shifting her weight from one leg to another.

"Your name ma'am?"

"Elle Lockwood"

"Oh yes, Mrs Lockwood! Please follow me"

Elle followed her taking in the surroundings.
The walls were made of glass and Italian tiles clicked under the receptionists stellitoes.

Elle's hoody and sneakers were in contrast to everyone else's formal wear, but right now she didn't care.
Her thoughts were only concerned about one person.

"We are here miss, Ma'am is waiting for you inside"

With a small smile and low casted eyes, the receptionist was gone leaving Elle alone.

Ashton was going to kill her if he comes to know that she was meeting his rival behind his back.
But she doesn't have a choice.

If he will not tell her, then she is going to find it herself.

Straightening her back, Elle pushed forward the glass door and made her way inside.

The first thing that Elle noticed as she entered was the powerful Aura of the lady that sat behind the desk.
Her pen stopped the second her eyes locked with Elle's brown ones.

"Elle my dear, so pleased to see you here!"

Before Elle could reply, she was engulfed in a warm hug from her side.
Shocked Elle just managed to hmm in response.

"Come... have a seat dear"

Veronica seemed to be completely in contrast to what tabloids have told Elle about her.
Either this was a facade or what she showed the world was all fake.

Dialling an auto tone, Veronica placed the received on her ear

"Tea, coffee or green tea dear?"

"Nothing...please I am fine"
Elle spoke overwhelmed by her greeting.