Chapter 35

Camila POV

I return back to the bus after I ran off from Lauren. I couldn't stay at my mom's like I thought. I was worried that she would come there and yell at me. Right now I can't take that. I know I will have to face it when school starts back up so for now I'm buying time. I'm trying to savor the feeling of her lips against mine.

When I get back, I try to be as quiet as I can. Everyone is in a hotel for the night since we don't travel until a little later. I'm actually surprise we still have the tour bus since the tour is ending and the next show is only an hour from this one.

When I get on the bus, I was startled to see Jesse in there. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing?" He shoots back at me. "I thought you went home for the night."

I take a seat beside him. "I did, but I came back."

"Did something bad happen? You shouldn't be out this late." I look at the time and it's almost 3 am. It's cute seeing him concern about me.

"I'm fine as you can see. I'm in one piece" I move my hands up and down to show I'm in one piece. "Besides my heart... that's in a million."

"I take it you saw Lauren and it didn't go well?"

I lean my head back. "I saw her. How it went I don't know. She was drunk and I kissed her. I bet she will forget when she wakes up."

Jesse gets up and grabs his guitar from the back. "So why did you kiss her?"

"Because in some way I was hoping she could feel the love I have for her. I thought maybe if she could feel it that things could be okay." I know that sounds stupid, but it's the truth.

"Grab your notebook." Jesse instructs. "You and I are going to stay up all night until we come up with a new song. Let's express how you feel right now."

I raise an eyebrow. "What good will it do?"

"Because you have a lot going on. I'm sure we can even come up with more than one song." He states. "Maybe Lauren will be there on the 2nd."

That will not happen. "Lauren won't be there."

"You don't know that." Yes I do. "Just do what I told you. Grab a notebook and let's get to work. It's time for you to strip down and..."

Before he could finish I punch him. "I'm not getting naked for you Jesse."

"I don't mean physically get naked. I'm talking about the layers you throw around yourself. It's time to strip down the walls and get extremely vulnerable."

Lauren POV

The last day and half has been filled with constant thinking. Actually the last month have been. I honestly don't know what to think. At first it was easy because Camila broke my heart and I was hurt. When Austin came and told me about her dad I didn't know what to think. What he said about her dad was that true?

If what he says is true, does that mean I'm the bad guy? I never let her explain. I shut her out completely. Then I saw her on New Year's Eve. She thinks I don't remember because she thought I was drunk, but I wasn't. It's like I can still feel her kiss.

I get out of bed and text Dinah. I would call Normani but she is 100% against me talking to Camila ever again.

Lauren: Are you busy tonight?

Dinah: Don't think so. What's up?

Lauren: Do you want to go to a concert with me...?

Dinah: I thought you would never ask.