Chapter 23. Mrs.Harrison.

***

"I'm sorry Yas" I spoke as we looked down at the cast list, Johnny lazily slinging his arm around her as a way of comfort.

"I got Marty? How the hell did I get Marty??" She questioned, after noticing that the name that stood next to 'Sandy's' on the cast list, made me roll my eyes; Leena Da Silva.

"It's okay. Marty's a great part to play- you're still a red lady" Xander attempted comfort.

"Pink lady" I lowly corrected him and let out a quite giggle at his mistake.

"Right, That's what I meant" he pointed at me and smiled. Not a smirk, like he did at Leena, but a genuine amused smile.

"Come on, let's go for some food. Get your mind off it" Riley suggested.

"I can't, rehearsals start today" Yas reminded Riley, Xander and I.

"Oh god, I forgot" I mumbled.

Xander rolled his eyes at the mention of rehearsals and I understood why, since he didn't even want to sign up to begin with.

"We'll see you guys tomorrow" I smiled and hugged them all before the four of us walked onto the hall.

***
Considering that all cast members were now off book, other than Sandy who had just been casted, and Yas who had just gotten a new role, the first run through went pretty well.

The first act had been blocked through and with rehearsals every Wednesday and Thursday, it was clear this production was going to be ready to be performed by late December time, which Ms.Nicole was prepared for since she only gave parts to those serious about drama. Her motto has always been that if you can't handle the quick pace of a school production, we wouldn't make it on broadway or the west end. So we all bit the bullet and never complained about the quick turn around of our schools productions.

Xanders main job was to learn Danny's lines and watch his parts when they were being blocked out, other than that he sat in the audience and threw us silly winks and pouted his lips in a mock air kiss when Riley, Yas or I spoke, making us all roll our eyes and giggle. I shook my head in a poor attempt of trying to scold him for being a distraction, but not fully being able to since the twinkle in his eyes made it hard to deny him my laughter.

Once rehearsals had finished, Yas and Riley had to head home for dinner, but I luckily had time to kill given that Mom and Dad thought rehearsals would go on longer than it had.

"Well aren't you a convincing Rizzo" Xander smiled at me as I walked off stage to grab my bags and head out with him.

"You calling me a bitch or a good actress?" I sarcastically remarked, reaching my hand out to him "Come on, I'm already tired of looking at these school walls" I gestured towards the door as I grabbed his hand and pulled him onto his feet.

As we walked out into the main corridor of the school, Hudson was sat on the floor scrolling through his phone. He looked up to see us giving him a questioning look before he replied "I'm coming back to yours tonight" he nodded to Xander.

"Do I have a say in it?" Xander questioned.

"Nope, I already text Mum" Hudson smugly smiled.