Chapter 4. Jokes and reality checks.

This chapter is more of an insight to Andreas home life and family dynamic than anything else.
Xander will show his face in the next chapter though, Don't stress ;))

Chapter 4. Jokes and reality checks.

*****

The first day of school ran as smoothly as it could have. The introduction of Xander back into the schools population caused the first day to be a hell of a lot more interesting than it would have been.

The low murmur of everyone asking questions about where he has been for the last year drowned out the teachers voices and shifted the concentration from the dull lessons to gossip, which helped the lessons go quicker.

Carter and I both knew that our first duty after school would have to be trying to get into contact with Will. Without having any calls from him for the entire day, it just added to our worry and we needed to make sure our best friend was okay.

With that in mind, we marched our asses up to his front door and knocked a few times before resorting to yelling his name. Our voices filled up the quiet of the suburban streets that lacked the roar of cars, since it was past rush hour.

He must have heard our chaotic screams since we soon heard the squeak of his bedroom window opening, his head popping out initially looking concerned, until he laid eyes on us. Looking down, his emotion quickly changed to humorous as he realised it was just his crazy best friends.

"Girls, have you lost your minds? I thought someone was being murdered" He quickly spoke, humour lacing his tone as he looked down to us, obviously finding our panic funny.

"Yeah...You!" I raised my voice loud enough for him to hear me.

"What are you talking about?" he spoke.

Exchanging a quick glance to me, Carter replied, "You didn't come to school, we thought something might have happened".

And then he suddenly vanished, closing his bedroom window, before resurfacing at his door and stepping out.

He sighed before continuing, "I didn't get in"

"What? How?" Carter and I spoke in sync, both clearly confused as to how he couldn't have made it.

"Greenwood almost always accept their own before anyone else, and you had the grades! You worked so hard and I thought they had already accepted you?"
I talked through my thought process aloud.

" I know that, and they had. But i got a call a-few days ago and the school said they had already accepted too many students and I was the last applicant they checked. So it made sense for them to cut me out over anyone else"

"Well we have to get them to agree to get you back, there has to be something we can do" I tried to negotiate.

"Believe me I've tried. It doesn't make any sense" he sighed, "but seriously girls, I'm okay. I've had a look at a-few colleges and it's looking positive" he tried to lighten the mood.

We're going to struggle to accept this, I thought.

But I know that he's accepted it, and we have to support him.

"Well, we just missed you today. You know?" Carter pouted, as did I.

"Believe me" he began to walk over to us, draping his arms around both of our shoulders, "I missed you two more"

***

"Who ate my chocolate bar?!" I yelled through the halls of my house before laying eyes on my older brother, Jake.

"Don't even look my way, I haven't touched it" he said as he walked through the front door and kissed my forehead, my yells being the first thing he heard.

"Alistair! Get your butt down here now!"
I called up towards his room before focussing my attention on my 19 year old brother.

"How was uni?" I asked, nodding my head in his direction.

"It was okay, Getting pretty damn bored of it now though" he replied.

"It'll get better, trust me" was the last words I spoke before chaotically chasing my younger brother by two years, around the house.

I couldn't do much damage because we were soon getting separated by my mom.

"Cut it out you two. Dinner will be ready soon and I do not want any bickering" she sighed.

"Yes mom" we both murmured, then continued to mock each other from across the room before giggling at the exasperated look on our moms face.

We both looked at each other, knowing what to do to win her back round. I went to the left side of her as she lent on the kitchen counter and Ali went to the right, before we both continued to lay a kiss on her cheeks and sandwiched her in between our arms.

After that she couldn't help but smile at us and cheekily roll her eyes as she looked at her eldest.

"I don't remember you being this bad" she joked with Jake.

"That's because I never got caught"
he jokingly winked.

Never a dull moment in the Taylor household.

****
Damn the Taylor family is sweet, No?
First introduction to Will. What do you guys think?
Leave your thoughts in the comments.
Mys x