"Just a bullet would?!" Jimin screamed incredulously. 

"You know I will be fine," Jungkook assured as he pulled Jimin into a hug and placed his chin atop his head, the latter hugged back but made sure not to squeeze him despite how much he wanted to. 

Jungkook pulled back moments later and kissed his husband's forehead. Jimin sighed when he saw Jungkook walk away after that. He too then walked away to take a calming shower and eat something. Despite his confidence, he wasn't really looking forward to being jailed. 

♦ Somewhere in Kookmin land: 

Jungkook stood tapping his foot against the dirt, the other propped up on his jeep. His heart beat so fast, it ached and made him feel breathless. Realising he may pass out if it continued, he made himself take in slow and steady breaths, calming down, even if it was just a fraction. 

To save him from his anxiety, another jeep pulled up in the horizon which held pink and violet lights, painting a mesmerizing sunset. Sadly, Jungkook couldn't concentrate on that wonderful sight at the moment. 

"Commander," the man he had asked to follow after him in a non-suspicious manner greeted as he got down. 

"Go as fast as you can, don't let anyone stop you," Jungkook handed him a folded letter secured with a red wax seal, a bag of money and badges, "you are the Commander of Kookmin land, act the part," he ordered and the man nodded curtly. 

"Taeyong," Jungkook called out when the man sat in his jeep. He simply looked up in attention. 

"Do not fuck this up, I'm counting on you." 

Taeyong grinned. 

"Rest assured Commander," with that, Taeyong skidded away, driving like the devil himself was on his heels. 

Jungkook took a deep breath and got in his jeep, headed to his next destination. 

♦  Kim Palace: 

Merie was sitting in her room, reading a book when a knock sounded at her door. She placed her book down and went to open the door, gasping at the man in front. 

"You aren't supposed to be here," she glared at the soldier of Kookmin land. 

"I know," he muttered and handed her a small note and walked away. 

Furrowing her brows, she stared as he disappeared out of sight. Immediately, she shut her door and turned around as she opened the note. Another gasp escaped past her lips and she all but ran to get her cloak. With the note and cloak secured, she ran out of the palace. 

Jungkook noticed her running at him just outside the compound of the palace in the thick forest, he sighed in relief. 

"What happened?" Merie breathed, inquiring the emergency note she received. 

"It's war time, hide Jihyun," his expression conveyed the urgency and she took the hint. Nodding she moved away to run, but turned around quickly. 

"Be careful Jungkook!" 

"I will, hide yourself well Som," Jungkook managed a little smile at his friend. She grinned at him. 

"No one caught me in hide and seek," she reminded him and Jungkook chuckled with a nod. 

Jungkook walked away as she did and once again heaved in another calming breath. 

'Almost done,' he assured himself. 

He drove back, the stars keeping him company. It was almost midnight now. He realised he needed to spend at least a little time with Jimin before everything breaks into chaos.