The Museum And The Isle

TW: Blood

Virgil's' purple eyes drilled into Roman's'. They were the only colour left in Roman's' world and he would do whatever he had to to keep them colourful. They were beautiful and glistening, sparkling into Roman's' soul and lighting the way in a room that hadn't always been so dark. Even though Virgil had turned away, Roman could hear the comforting whispers of the voice that had accompanied the eyes.

It told him to listen to Virgil.

Only Virgil.

Just Virgil.

Listen to Virgil.

Follow Virgil.

Virgil will save me.

Help Virgil.

It was hypnotic and controlling, and his willpower melted away. He just needed the voice and the voice told him he just needed Virgil. So he listened as Virgil pulled him along and the voice told him that it wanted the wand. That it needed the wand. That it must have the wand. That Roman must give Virgil the wand so Virgil could give the wand to it.

So Roman simply took the lead as they reached the museum, pulling Virgil after him as he walked briskly up flights of stairs and down corridors. Roman wasn't aware of the other people in the museum. Usually, he would be. He wasn't even aware of walking. All he knew was the voice and the voice needed him to find the wand. 

They found the wand in the busiest room of the whole museum and somehow they managed to get to the front of the crowd. There, in a cylinder glass case, rotating slowly around as it bobbed up and down, was the Fairy Godmother's' wand.

Roman, in the middle of a crowded museum, felt the urge to reach out for it. To take it. To give it to the voice. He could. He could just do it so easily, he could-

.:*:.

The Fairy Godmother sat up in her office with a frown and a dull, throbbing ache in her dominant arm. She could sense something bad and that wasn't good. She got off her chair and moved to a mirror she kept in her room, rolling up the sleeve on her dominant arm.

The thing Virgil had told Roman was too dangerous to show hadn't been dangerous at all. In fact, every fairy had this on their dominant arm. All it did was warn you. And the warning the Fairy Godmother saw was a pair of purple horns running from her elbow up to her shoulder and her forearm was glowing red.

"Maleficent..." She breathed, staring at her arm in the mirror. "How?"

She had never been warned of anything since the Isle of the Lost was created. Auradon had been peaceful for years and she couldn't believe Maleficent was back. There was no way. The Fairy Godmother crossed the room quickly, almost throwing herself out of the window she rushed to in fear. The barrier around the Isle was still there, as strong as ever. Nothing flickered, there wasn't a giant dragon in the sky. It was peaceful and it terrified her because she knew Maleficent was doing something.

The Fairy Godmother stared hopelessly out at the horizon and then yelped in sudden pain. She looked down, wide-eyed at her dominant arm, only to see that a pair of green, miniature horns and a red crown sat in the middle of the large purple horns. That confused her. And it scared her. Maleficent wasn't working alone. 

Just outside her door, unknown to her, was one of her students.

 Ali looked down at the two books he was holding, one pocket-sized and the other thick and heavy like a dictionary.