Maleficent

TW: Swearing, and Ali's finally dead, you guys. Probably won't satisfy your thirst for his blood but... Yeah...

The astrology tower was destroyed. The roof had been blown off with the sheer strength of the magic blast, and it had crushed a small section of the neighbouring forest. Walls had been torn down, some sections scattered in the cold, charred floor, other bricks hurtling down only to shatter when they touched the ground. The frigid wind was blowing gently but it was the calm before the storm that was spreading vigorously from the Isle. Stone tiles were charred and dirty from the explosion of magic and four boys were huddled there. One was on his feet, staring fearfully out at where you could see a large black shape wading through the ocean. One was cradling the smallest one, sobbing. The final one was regaining consciousness.

Romans' head hurt. It burnt and crackled and his body was slow and unresponsive. Slowly, he managed to move his arms beneath him and pushed himself up. Every drop of blood in his veins was screeching in pain and Roman groaned.

"Janus!" He heard someone whisper, but Roman didn't look around. It would hurt too much. Struggling onto his hands and knees, Roman felt something cold tap his knuckles. A silver wand. The Fairy Godmothers' wand.

"What?" He frowned, ignoring how much it hurt his muscles. A stone suddenly flew through the air and hit him in the shoulder. He cried out and fell back to the ground. "What the hell?" He shouted hoarsely, finally turning to look at whoever was there.

A moustached teenager. A moustached villain. Remus. He stood there, tossing another stone readily in his hand, and he growled protectively, struggling to block two people from view. Janus and Virgil. "You better stop right there and get outta the prince's' head!" He snarled.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Roman snapped and Remus finally seemed to notice... well, he noticed something.

"She's gone, isn't she?" He asked. Roman frowned at Remus and was about to ask what he meant but Remus continued. "She's left your head, hasn't she? She's gone and you're wondering why you're in the trashed astrology tower. You're not sure what you've done but you know you've done something..." His voice dropped lower than a whisper and his words stung Roman.

How? How could Remus get so close to what he was feeling when not even Roman knew? But the words were true. Roman knew something had happened but it was far from remembered. He knew he had had someone in his head, someone easily stronger than him and someone who had left him with no advice on what to do next. Someone who got him to-

Roman gasped, even though he could hardly catch a breath. He spun around on the ground, sitting back on his heels, as he stared out to the Isle of the Lost. The barrier was gone.

"What have I done?" He whispered. He turned around to face Remus and the villains but they were gone.

.:*:.

A fizz, a pop and an explosion made the students scramble desperately away from a burst of green fire. There she stood.

The Dark Fairy. The Sorceress. Maleficent.

"I'm ba-ack!" She cooed teasingly, slouching on her staff. "Did you miss me? I know you did!"

Students screamed as large, gloopy black tentacles shattered a window, pulling in a large, large sea-witch. Ursula slithered ungracefully across the stone, taking her place on Maleficent's' right while Jafar appeared, his golden lamp attached securely to his belt. He wasn't a man anymore, he was a furious red genie and towered obediently behind the two women.

"Get out," breathed the Fairy Godmother.

Maleficent pouted. "You make it sound like you don't want me here, such a shame." She lost the taunting tone and her eyes hardened. "Where's my son?"