"Your Mom is going to ground you, lock you inside your room and then chuck me in right after you." I said back in a quiet voice, planting my face in my open palm and stared out the window for the rest of the journey.

Of course, I heard Shar's soft laughter.

.

.

I stepped out of his car as soon as he opened his door and I quickly ran to the other side, to his side. He was storming up the front stairs and I felt slightly out of place and uncomfortable being with him. I mean, he was barging up into someone's house and the closer we got to this house, the more Shar was getting pissed

He banged on the front door loudly with his fist and I stood quietly behind him, one step down.

"Shar, is this a good idea?" I asked him soflty but he didn't hear me. And if he did hear me, he just ignored me.

The door flew open and I looked to the side to see a young, middle aged woman with blonde hair, looking at Shar with warm eyes.

"She's upstairs." Shar nodded at her, and walked right in.

I stared after his back with wide eyes. He was walking off without even-!

"Oh hello there." The woman smiled at me and my eyes averted from Shar's retreating back to the woman. She was eyeing me up and down with a glint in her eyes and I wasn't sure whether she was delighted to have a late strayed girl at her front door, or whether she liked what she saw.

Both I didn't know what to do with.

"I'm Wendy- oh, come in. Come in!" The woman - Wendy - grabbed me both my hands and tugged me inside. She shut the door behind my head and I craned my neck around the front interior, finding myself entranced by the magnifcent beauty. It looked warm, cosy and it looked homey.

Something dropped inside my gut, the pain of missing my own home hitting me hard. Even though my house didn't lookas well furnished at this one, it was still warm, cosy and my home.

"Do you want something to drink? Hot chocolate maybe?" Wendy offered and I quickly shook my head at her.

"Oh no no, please no. I'm good." I told her, not wanting to seem like I was just barging in her home. I felt like an intruder as it was.

Wendy rolled her eyes at me. "Nonsense. I have to give you a drink whilst Shar is fixing things up there." Wendy titled her head upwards at the ceiling.

"I didn't mean to just come with Shar. He was really angry and his Mom wanted me to bring him back inside but he wouldn't listen. He was really pissed and I-"

Wendy threw her head back, a loud laugh escaping from her. She interrupted my mid ramble with her boisterous laughter and I stitched my gap shut, hoping to stop further embarrassment.

"Shar can lose his mind over Ellie." Wendy threw out the comment, wiping her index finger under her right eye.

"They're pretty close hmm." I said, smiling at Wendy who nodded enthuasticially.

"They really are. I hope he gets Nate back with my girl. And then I hope he get's that girl he's been pinning over."

My eyebrows arched upwards and Wendy quickly caught the confusion on my face. "Oh you don't know about the girl? Andy?"

Andy?

"Oh, no I don't."

Wendy looked shocked for a second before she dived right in. "Well, she's the girl Shar can't get since she's so tight with her boyfriend Jon. To be honest, I've been shipping them since day one. When they come around, they're totally cute but it hurts knowing my boy wanted that girl and he can' have her."

I smiled at her but I knew my smile didn't reach my eyes. Deep inside my stomach, something churned, and poked around my insides. I couldn't register i straightaway until I focused on the pinching sensation.

And it hurt.

Who's this Andy?

There was no time for me to dwell on the sudden pain and confusion I was suddenly faced with because someone kicked open the front door. I turned my neck around and saw a boy, with tattoos inked all up his arms and some poking out from his exposed neck, enter the foyer.

He looked agitated and thoroughly wrecked - even though there was no visible bruises.

Wendy walked around me and stood before the boy, her hands planted on both her hips. "Best do something." She told him, inclining her head up at the stairs.

The boy nodded at her and we both watched as he took the steps two at a time. But just as he made it to the platform, he was pushed back, Shar pinning him against the wall by the front of his shirt.

"This is the first and last fuck up of yours I'm cleaning after. Better right the wrong." Shar snarled in his face and I nearly shrank back in my own skin at how pissed he was. And it wasn't even directed towards me.

Shar gave the boy one last shove against the wall before letting him go. My eyes didn't leave him as he ambled down the stairs and straightened his leather jacket.

He strolled towards Wendy, leaned down and planted a soft kiss on her cheek. "Sorry for all the swearing before." He told her when he pulled back.

Wendy smiled up at Shar and lifted one hand to rest on his cheek. "Thanks boy. For righting the wrong and for taking care of my girl."

Shar grabbed her hand from his cheek and gave it a squeezed. "Anything for my girl."

He kissed her goodbye and then turned to me. He nodded at me and I took that as a cue to get a move on.

"It was nice talking to you Wendy."

Wendy smiled softly at me. "You too - oh, dear me! I didn't catch your name."

"It's Valerie." I called back at her just as I stepped out the front door.

I felt Shars hand at my back, and the pain returned almost instantly.

Andy. Andy. Andy. Andy. Andy. Andy. Andy. Andy. Andy.

I found myself strapped inside his car and I knew, I knew I couldn't go back to his house.

"Can you take me home please?"

/////
Sorry guys, this is not edited.

Don't forget to show your support to Jeans Jacket and Satin Shirts... Both are entered in the Wattys this year!

<3

tempesh.tumblr.com [Do follow]!

ask.fm/xpurechances

twitter: @xPureChances

N e x t i n l i n e:

V e l v e t V e s t s: 00:06

Laters!

-n