chapter 40

A week had passed and it was now the last week of November

A week had passed and it was now the last week of November. I did the usual morning routine and Jaehyun dropped me off like always. Jaehyun didn't answer my question yet but I thought he was just too busy.

"Have a good day at school, my daughter", he joked.

"Hope I will", I replied and got out of the car, heading towards my classroom.

Harvey and I had an awkward relationship now. We only talked whenever we had seatwork and other things. It saddened me, as I wanted to go back to DNYL without any worries or awkwardness.

"Right, Sera", my teacher called.

"Yes ma'am?", I questioned.

"What's the club you're in? I haven't taken it down yet", she said as she had a pencil ready to write it down.

I bit on my lip as my heart was heavy. I wanted to say DNYL but Mark said he had kicked me out already so I couldn't say anything.

"I didn't join one", I replied.

"Jung Sera, you know that this will effect your extracurricular grade, right?", she questioned and I nodded my head.

"Ma'am, she's in DNYL", Harvey said. "She's our new member"

I looked at Harvey who gave me a small smile.

"Oh, that brokenhearted club", she said. "Alright, that's it for today"

She dismissed us and that was my last class for today.

"Harvey", I called him. "Why did you say that? I thought Mark..."

"I'm the president of the club", he said. "I make the rules and decisions, not him"

"Does that mean...", I trailed.

"Yes, you're still in the club", he replied with a smile. "But it's best if you don't attend any meetings. Mark is still sour about everything"

"Thanks", I was thankful that he still considered me a member after everything that Hyunjin said.

"I'll head out first", Harvey said and left the classroom.

I sighed and headed out after him. While I was walking down the hall, my phone buzzed and I saw that Jisung texted me.

mochiesungie

sera
are you free?
can u go to the practice room?
the one we went to together?

why?

just go
i'll be waiting for you

alright
see you later

"What does he want?", I asked myself.

"Sera!"

I turned around to see Hyunjin there. He walked towards me and stood tall. He had a couple of bandaids on his face and a few healing scars. He was wearing those eye patches that pirates wore, but the medical one.