chapter 38

I woke up at the break of dawn, still in the bathroom

I woke up at the break of dawn, still in the bathroom. I got up and felt the pain from sleeping on the hard surface. I stretched my body and looked in the mirror to see that my eyes were severely puffy. I unlocked the door and went towards my closet and got my uniform.

"I feel sick", I muttered and went back in the bathroom to take a hot shower.

The hot shower made me feel better and I prepared for school. I did my whole morning routine and got my bag, wearing it. I unlocked the door to my room and peaked out the hallway and slowly made my way downstairs.

"As expected, he's not awake yet", I said to myself and tiptoed towards the door and went outside.

I quickly walked away from my house and I realized that I had to walk for almost two hours at this point. I sighed and pocketed my phone and started to jog.

"Nothing like a morning jog I guess", I said and kept jogging.

I wasn't athletic and I hated walks. That's when I was reminded of Mark and how he would always drop me off back when my brother didn't take me in. I frowned and decided to run.

"I'll just avoid everyone then", I said and ran even faster. "It's not like any of them still care about me anymore"

"I'm so tired", I was catching my breath. I was nearly at school and decided to cool off at the convenience store near it. As I pushed the door open, I remember the scene I had with Jisung back then. I brushed it off and greeted the part-time worker. "Good morning"

"It looks like you ran a marathon", he joked.

"I really did", I said and went over to where the drinks were, getting a bottle of Pocari Sweat. I didn't have much money except for the card that Jaehyun gave me, which I would rather not use. I had around fifty thousand won with me which wasn't much. I headed towards the cashier and paid for it. "Here"

"Is this all?", he asked.

"Yeah", I simply replied.

"Did you eat anything for breakfast?", he asked as he gave me my change.

"No", I replied.

"Get anything worth twenty thousand won, I'll treat you breakfast", he said, pointing to one of the aisles.

"It's alright", I insisted.

"Hurry, while I'm being nice", he said, his fingers tapping on the counter.

"If you insist", I said and grabbed a ramyeon cup and a couple of sandwiches. I went back to the counter and he scanned the products, totaling an exact twenty thousand won price. I looked at the name tag of the worker and decided to thank him. "Thank you, Yangyang"

"It's Jisung you should thank but he doesn't want you to know so...", Yangyang muttered in what I expected to be Chinese.

I didn't understand anything though, so I just went to one of the tables and started to prepare the ramyeon and eat the sandwiches. Afterwards, I cleaned up my mess and left the convenience store and headed towards school.