As I was walking by, I heard people whispering loud enough for me to hear.

"Isn't she the sister of Jaehyun? The one who's responsible for the death of Taeyong?"

"I heard she used to be in DNYL, but Mark kicked her out"

"I bet she was going to do the same as what her brother did"

"I heard that she likes both Jisung and Jaemin"

"What a slut"

"Watch her play with the two of them"

"I bet she was going to break Jisung's heart then go to Jaemin"

"Shut the fuck up you uneducated snakes!"

I turned around to see Haechan behind me as he brushed through his hair using his hand. He was glaring at the people who were whispering earlier.

"Do you guys know that we're in a public place right now? Stop being a fucking walking megaphone spewing that shit out of your mouths", he spat, approaching them. "I am not walking down this street to listen to your bullshit. Go take that to the dumpster and don't forget to throw yourselves in while you all are at it"

They immediately shut up and hurried inside the school's campus while I just stood there, looking at Haechan who was obviously angry and stressed from those students.

"Be glad that I helped you out and get your ass in the school", Haechan said. "I heard that Mark and Harvey are absent, don't stress out so much"

"How do you know?", I asked him.

"I know almost every little dirty secret of everyone who attends this school", he said with a smirk. "Especially since it's DNYL we're talking about, I think I would know"

"Oh, thanks again", I thanked and bowed my head, then rushing to my class.

As I went inside the classroom, everyone had their eyes on me. I tried my best not to seem affected and went to sit down on my usual place. I glanced over to the empty seat that was beside me. I sighed and kept myself busy by studying.

The teacher finally dismissed us and everyone went out quickly to head to the cafeteria to eat lunch. I stayed behind, unlike everyone. I didn't want to bump into Jisung or Chenle and I didn't want to listen to the whispers of the people who I walk by.

I laid my head on the surface of the table, hoping to just wake up and find out that everything was a dream. I felt my stomach grumble and I sighed. I heard the door open, someone walking in but I didn't mind it.

"You shouldn't starve yourself", a familiar voice said.

I looked up to see two boys that I didn't expect would come here.

"Chenle? Jisung? Why are you two here?", I asked.

"Just because Mark is mad at you, doesn't mean we're mad at you", Jisung said.

"Yeah, we were both shocked but you're not the one who caused Taeyong's death", Chenle said as the two of them went to sit on either side of my chair. "It's your brother. Your brother's actions will never and should never define you"

"But what will—"

"Stop overthinking", Jisung said and patted my head. "Chenle and I brought you some food"

"I cooked it, Jisung washed the vegetables", Chenle said proudly. "I didn't want to burn down the dorm's kitchen"

"Chenle, at least say I cooked one of the things we made", Jisung said, embarrassed.

I opened the lunch box they put it in and saw a lot of Chinese cuisines. I smiled at them, but soon my eyes went teary and they started to get concerned.

"What's wrong?", Jisung asked as he tried to comfort me.

"I just thought we were going to split up just like that", I said as I tried to keep my voice as stable as possible. "I thought I was going to lose you all"

"Stop thinking that, Sera", Chenle said. "Mark is just overly hurt. He'll realize his wrong actions soon"

"Yeah, so eat up a lot, Sera", Jisung said as he gave me some chopsticks. "I don't want you to starve"

"Thanks", I thanked. "But what about you guys?"

"We had a heavy breakfast, so we're good", Chenle said. "Now eat up!"

I smiled. I was happy that the two of them were still by my side.

[a/n: i didn't proofread so😙✌🏻 anyways i'm going to start prewriting chapters for my jeno story, so what do y'all want jeno to call the girl? i've used love and babe already so i need help in deciding :> ]