✘ 1.5

Min-kyung's father waved goodbye before driving off. She hesitated as she walked through the school gate, wanting to avoid Haechan at all costs. "Min-Kyung! omg you're alive!"Seo-Young jogged to a startled Min-Kyung and squeezed her. "I though you got kidnapped! I couldn't find you! Are you okay? Should I kill Jung-shin-" Min-Kyung cut in stopping her friend mid sentence "Woah, chill, I'm okay.... Mostly."

Min-Kyung sighed followed by a gasp "mostly? Are you sick? Did something else happen?" Min-Kyung smiled at her friends desperate efforts "no, I just- I hope I don't see Jung-shin.." and Haechan... Seo-Young nodded "Me too, if I see him I swear I'll" she raised an angry fist and punched the air. "I'll punch him to another universe!"

Min-Kyung and Seo-Young shared a laugh, tossing their heads toward the sky. "Oh, and Haechan too! He spread those gross ass rumors about you.. You know." Min-Kyung stared down at her shoes "yeah.." The bell rang signaling the students to get to their first period class. Min-Kyung clasped her hands, closing her eyes. Please don't see me, please don't talk to me, please.. "

Chest lowering as she took a deep breath, placing a foot forward to walk. "Bye" she whispered to Seo-Young, a lump forming in her throat. She desperately tried to push it down, but it wouldn't budge, the nervousness was taking control of her body like a virus, spreading throughout. Min-Kyung walked into her class, but to her dismay Haechan stood at his desk talking to another boy.

He noticed Min-Kyung and waved. She quickly turned her head and stole a seat in the back.
"Hey, go to your own desk!" A girl, the seat owner, whines. Min-Kyung shooed the girl "you can have my seat, leave me alone." The girl huffed turning to find Min-Kyung's seat. "You sit by Donghyuck? You should've said so earlier!" She squealed before sitting down.

Haechan stared at the girl in confusion then scanned the remaining desks. Min-Kyung threw her hoodie over her head and tugged it over her eyebrows as a disguise. "What's wrong Donghyuck?" The girl inquired in a high pitched tone, leaning in. "I could've sworn I saw- nevermind. Why are you here? This isn't your desk?"

She giggled "I switched with her." Haechan tilted his head "how? She isn't here." The girl paused, her eyes widenening "Um, what I meant was I have her number and I asked her haha, she said it was okay.. " "Did she now" He deadpanned before using a more serious expression. "Show me then." The girl's eyes slowly panned to where Min-Kyung was sitting. She had a hopeless expression as she smiled awkwardly.

Haechan looked at Min-Kyung, squinting his eyes. He could tell something was off. He didn't recognize this "boy" and they were averting eye contact. Haechan stood up and started walking to the culprit. "No, wait!" The girl grabbed Haechan's arm "I-" her eyes darted to Min-Kyung again. "I don't have my phone! I texted her last night so.. "

Haechan scoffed "do you think I'm stupid? Min-Kyung's phone broke when she fell in the pool." The girl winced "Uh... It was actually during the party, I asked her personally! I'm EunAe by the way.. " Haechan glanced back at the person sitting in the back and sighed "you know what whatever-" Min-Kyung dropped her pen and she bent down to get it hastily.

Haechan noticed a familiar pattern on the back of the hoodie. One that matched the one he let Min-Kyung borrow last night. "No, something's not right I better-" "Good morning students! Sorry I was a tad late, traffic was crazy." Haechan sighed, sitting back down and EunAe let out a sigh of relief. "Anyway, today we're starting presentations for the biography project!"

The teacher scanned the room using a pencil as a magic wand to pick a student. "Who's going first... " The pencil abruptly stopped in Haechan's direction and the teacher smiles. "Looks like you're up Donghyuck. Grab your partner and stand in the front." Haechan turned to the person in the back again, still feeling off. "I don't think my partner is here..."

The teacher groaned "bummer, I said to not be absent because if you don't present when I call you, you'll loose points." Min-Kyung gasped, scrunching her face. "That's not fair!" Haechan complains. "You should've told your partner to be here today." Haechan's crossed his arms infront of his chest "she got severely embarrassed yesterday by a bully! If I were her I would've skipped today too!"

The class filled with whispers. The teacher clenched his jaw "alright then, you're free for today." Min-Kyung smiled. Haechan had stood up for her... "Thank you" she whispered and suddenly Haechan turned to her and gave her a thumbs up followed by a wink. Her eyes widened and she face palmed. Shit! He knows.. It's my fault for wearing his hoodie..

After class Min-Kyung packed her stuff quickly and bolted out the door. "Wait! Min-Kyung! I know it's you!" Min-Kyung quickened her paced, pulling the hoodie down more. "I know what you're doing! You're hiding from Jung-shin right?" Haechan sped up, trying to match Min-Kyung's velocity. "Don't worry! His friends said he's going to switch schools!"

Haechan stopped momentarily, resting his arms on his thighs as he hunched over. "Wait!" he calls out again, jogging now instead of walking. He breathed heavily "Why are you so fast?! I'm so unfit! Wait!" Haechan felt a tug at his heart. "Please!" Min-Kyung sniffed, starting to run. Haechan stopped again, only he didn't continue chasing her. "You're running from me aren't you?!"

A sob realeased itself from Haechans mouth. "I said I was sorry! Min-kyung!" He fell to his knees, tears piling up, threatening to spill over. "Please don't do this!" he cried painfully. "please..." He hunched over covering his face, weeping into his hands. "please... I'm sorry.. "

✘