✘ 1.4

"Good night." Haechan says as Min-kyung opened the door to her house. "Fuck you" she responds, making haechan frown. She turned the door knob slowly and the door opened. She held her breath and stepped into the house, trying her best to be quiet. Her parents were in the kitchen chatting when her father gasped "someone just opened the front door."

Min-Kyung winced as she remembered that the security system would notify her dad of each door if it opened. He came running into the hallway, knife in hand "You've picked to wrong house buddy!" Min-Kyung screamed in terror "dad! It's me!" Min-Kyung's mother came running in behind the father "Sweetie? Why didn't you call us?" She flicked the light on and sighed.

Her father stared her up and down, an angry expression revealing itself. "Who's clothes are those?!" Min-Kyung hid her mother's dress and bathing suit behind her. "I had an accident.." Her dad sucked on his teeth and he turned Min-Kyung over, snatching the wet clothes from her hands "why the fuck did you ruin your mother's dress!" Her mother placed a hand on her father's shoulder "calm down sweetie, it was probably an accident."

"No! That dress was expensive and now it's ruined!" Min-Kyung swung her foot as she faced the floor "it's just water..." Her father smacked her arm "shut up! You shouldn't have even gone to that dumb ass party!" He bent down by Min-Kyung's face and groaned angrily. "Were you drinking?!" He raised another hand, ready to hit Min-kyung again, but her mother pulled him aside, shooing Min-Kyung to go to her room.

Min-Kyung sobbed, before running up the stairs to her room, slamming the door and leaning against it. Her back slid down the door as her body plopped on to the floor. "What made you think Min-Kyung going to that party was a good idea?!" Her father shouted, his words muffled by the distance. Min-kyung's chin wobbled as she bit her lip trying to hold her emotions.

"Could the party have gone any worse?" She mumbled. Min-Kyungs eyes stung and her heart felt heavy. Soft whimpers escaping her lips, Min-kyung sprawled across the floor staring at the ceiling. She swiped at her eyes, but the tears came anyway, pouring down her cheek and making it's way to her ears and neck. She sniffed, face scrunched in pain. As Min-Kyung lay her throat began to burn.

She recognized the familiar acid taste from earlier. She covered her mouth with her hand as she sat up in shock,the liquid threatening to spill out. Min-Kyung crawled to her bathroom, hunching over the toilet. The tears becoming more prominent as she felt her insides spill out. Gasping for air, and coughing she cried out.

Min-Kyung slowly stood up and turned on the faucet, clasping the water and bringing it to her burning throat that craved the cold substance. A knock on her bedroom door made the girl turn off the faucet and moan weakly. "Min-Kyung? It's your mom, please let me in." Min-Kyung sniffed as she dragged her feet to the door, opening it slightly. "What? Are you here to scream at me too?"

She shook her head "of course not sweetie, I'm sorry the party didn't go well." Min-Kyung's lips quivered "I- I didn't mean to ruin your dress mom!" Her mother cooed softly, bringing Min-Kyung into a soft hug. "It's fine, I know you didn't mean it." Min-Kyung cried into her mother's chest, squeezing her. "You should get some sleep baby, and make sure you sleep on your side just in case you throw up in your sleep, okay?"

Min-Kyung nodded, pulling away from her mother. "Thanks.." Her mother smiled "I'm your mom, it's what I'm here for." She chuckled before disappearing down the stairs again. Min-kyung toppled over her bed, wiping her tears. She flung the covers over her body and shut her aching eyes. Maybe tommorow can make it all better...

"Wake up honey." Min-Kyung stretched, feeling a million times better. She opened her eyes only to abruptly shut them again, being blinded by the bright sun shining through her curtains. "Who opened my curt- ah Fuck..." A sharp pain attacked Min-Kyung's head and she winced, placing an open palm over it. A low chuckle was heard and Min-Kyung's eyes shot open. "Dad?"

He had a mug in his hand, tilting it slightly, offering it to his daughter. "I'm sorry about last night haha, I guess I was just jealous I wasn't as cool as you when I was your age." Min-Kyung rose an eyebrow "dad?..." she repeated, reluctantly taking the mug. "I know. It's surprising, but I was terrible to you last night." He face palmed "I can't belive I hit you, what was I thinking?"

Min-Kyung's eyes darted around her room looking for an explanation, but there was nothing. "er... It's okay I guess.." Her father smiled "thank god, I thought you hated me." Min-Kyung scoffed, flicking her wrist "this is the reason I could never hate you dad." He breathed, tipping the mug "drink up, it's a hangover remedy, your mother told me you were throwing up."

Min-Kyung brought the mug to her mouth and took a sip, an instant smile stretching across her mouth as she downed the whole cup. She exhaled, lowering the cup "that's no hangover remedy, it's coconut water." Her father nodded "coconut water is one of the best ways to help a hangover, dietitian approved!" Min-Kyung giggled "okay mister."

He took the cup and headed to the door "get dressed- oh, and I'm driving you to school today." Min-Kyung fist pumped the air. This meant he would pick her up too. Although she wanted to see Seo-Young, she did leave her without saying a word last night so it would be awkward. "Okay, I'll be down in a few." He closed the door, walking down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Did you apologize?" Her mother asked placing a plate of food on the table. "I had to! I felt so bad.. I can't believe I let our daughter see that side of me... Min-Kyung's mother sighed "it's over now, you apologized and that's what matters." Her dad nodded, hugging his wife. "The fact that you can't live knowing you hurt someone is so cute. It's one of the reasons I married you" she says hugging him back. "I love you too."

✘