3) Here I come India [edited]

In the bustling surroundings of the Indira Gandhi International Airport (Delhi terminal), a young woman of about 5 feet 3 inches was seated, awaiting her driver. Despite her modest stature, her charm was evident, with doe-like eyes, round cheeks, and an air of confidence that spoke volumes. In her simplicity, she epitomized a modern, independent woman, unyielding in her determination to accomplish tasks on her own.

After enduring a 15-minute wait, she decided to embrace her independence fully and booked an Uber. Her attitude mirrored that of a modern, self-sufficient woman who navigates life's challenges without relying on anyone else.

 Her attitude mirrored that of a modern, self-sufficient woman who navigates life's challenges without relying on anyone else

Young Woman: Finally, Delhi, here I come after ten long years. You've changed a lot, and so have I. Let's chill here until we wrap up the fundraiser, and then off we go to Mumbai. Gosh, returning to India feels so nostalgic. My mother and I strolling around, enjoying golas and the delicious chole bhaturas—so much better than the salads and bread in Australia. Let's see what India has in store for me.Here I come India ! 

The Uber ride concluded, and the young woman paid the fare before making her way towards a grand mansion, which, to her, felt more like a rich, elegant house than a home.

MURTHY MANSION

MURTHY MANSION

As she entered the mansion, memories flooded back—of her and her mother, the playful moments, and how this mansion was once a haven for her. However, she had come to realize that a house doesn't necessarily make a home; it's the person who can be your home. And she had lost her home ten years ago.

Amidst her memory down the lane , she was interrupted by an annoying individual.

Woman: Hi, Nandini! OMG, you've grown so much. You were so little when we sent you to Australia for your betterment, and look how well-groomed you've returned.

So, the young lady's name was Nandini.

Nandini: Oh, just cut to the chase, Mrs. Murthy, and get to the point. You don't need to worry about your impeccable guardian reputation because no one is around. Don't worry; you'll find me at the fundraiser.

Mrs. Murthy was taken aback by Nandini's directness but decided to abandon the act and get straight to the point.

Mrs. Murthy: Oh, I see how well your mother taught you to address elders. Let's cut through the pleasantries. I don't care about your past ten years or what you're going to do in Mumbai. But while you're in Delhi, we Murthys have a reputation to uphold. Since you are, mistakenly, a Murthy, we can expect at least this much from you in return for the money we've spent on you over the years.

Nandini was shocked by the mocking comments but chose to adhere to her belief:

SILENCE IS THE BEST RESPONSE TO FOOLS.

Ignoring her stepmother, she continued towards her room.

Mrs. Murthy: How dare she walk off, ignoring me! What does she think of herself? I will make her regret it.

Girl: Mom, please hurry. We have an appointment at the spa, and we shouldn't miss it, or our skin will look dull. Let's go.

After this, both Mrs. Murthy and her daughter left to pamper themselves, leaving Nandini in the mansion without asking for her presence.

......................................................................................................................................................

On the other side lets see what is happening at the Malhotra Mansion 

THE MALHOTRA MANSION

Raj Malhotra: Nyo, have you seen the invitation for the fundraiser from the Murthys? It seems really grand this year. I think we should attend since Mr. Murthy has personally invited us.

Nyonika Malhotra: Yes, Raj, I think so too. I've heard that his daughter is returning after ten years. I don't know how they managed to keep their daughter away for so long.

Raj: She is his only child from his first wife; maybe that's why he kept her away to avoid stepfamily issues.

Nyonika: Whatever the case, he can't just abandon her for so long and then bring her back. She must have suffered a lot. I don't like them; they seem fake. But because they are important clients, we have to go.

Raj: Okay, tell Manik also to join us. He has a soft spot for children, and it would be a good opportunity for him to meet some businessmen too.

Nyonika: Okay, I will ask him to join us.

Meanwhile, Manik discussed the plan with his friends.

Manik: Okay, Mom, I got your point. I will come, and don't worry; we have no shows around that time.

Mukti: What happened, Manik? Where do you have to go?

Manik: Nothing much, Muku. I have to go to a fundraiser for underprivileged children in Delhi. It's hosted by Pops' client, and he wants me to meet some people.

Cabir: No, you are leaving me; give me a treat first, and then go somewhere.

Fab4: Food lover.

Alia: It's fine, Manik. We are glad that we could contribute to the event. We are okay with you going. And, by the way, don't forget to get me a MAC set from Delhi; it has my favorite makeup products.

Cabir: Oh, a makeup kit. First, he will bring me food, and then your makeup, because food is life.

Manik: Okay, guys, send me the list of what you want, and I will get it. Please let's jam together as well.

How was the chapter?

Few words about both the mothers?

Who is Mrs.Murthy's daughter?

xoxo