Chapter 4

Song recommendation : An Ending, a beginning by Dusting O'Halloran

~

Yoongi and his best friend, Hoseok walked down the empty road, watching the sun slowly falling into the horizon. The orange gold stretches far and wide, the color of fire hearths and tangerines. It is but the reflection of the dawn, the promise of the rising sun that comes after the velvety night has had its say and the land has rested once more. 

"Hyung, you shouldn't have pushed him away like that" Hoseok muttered.

Earlier, when they were hanging out at the park a boy, probably their age had come up to. He was friendly, a type of boy who can get along with everybody... except Yoongi. Hoseok being the ball of sunshine he is, of course agreed to let the boy hangout with them. However Yoongi only glared at him. The boy didn't let that glare, break down his intentions to get to know them.

"I don't care" Yoongi replied, digging his hands into his pockets.

The boy had been with them for about 10 minutes after which Yoongi started throwing sarcastic comments at him. Yoongi would roll his eyes even if the boy did something as much as breathe. Hoseok even commented that if he continued rolling his eyes like that, they would come out loose. Yoongi simply replied with, 'At least then I wouldn't have to see him in front of me'

The boy whispered a sorry and left with a forlon expression on his face. 

"Hyung, just because of your past you can't push everyone away" Hoseok said

Yoongi's mother had died when the male was just a toddler. His father was caring at first but then something happened and everything changes. Yoongi at first assumed that the pain of losing his mother finally got to him and broke him down but that didn't explain why he would come home late at night, drunk out of his mind; his clothes stained with marks that Yoongi later on learned were made by lip stick.

At first it was just his father scolding him for the smallest of the matter. Then came the verbal abuse and finally the physical abuse. When Yoongi was a kid he didn't have much choice apart from hiding himself in the house, waiting till his father passed out. As a teenager, Yoongi spent most his time at Hoseok's house. 

But his patience broke when his father insulted his friends. That day, Yoongi finally stood up from his himself. Yes, he still wasn't an adult and couldn't live by himself but back at his house, he denied to cower in front of his father. 

From a young age, Yoongi learned to stand up not just for himself but for his friends as well. He wouldn't let anyone harm his friends in anyway possible. He grew up to what people called a 'typical bad boy'. Yoongi didn't care that people would give him questioning looks upon seeing but. He didn't care that people scowled at his arms full of tattoos, or his piercing. 

The only words that mattered were the ones that his friends said.

He couldn't care less about the rest of the world.

He was fine with only having three friends. He didn't anyone else waltz into his life and ruin everything. 

Yoongi sighed, "Hoseok... I don't need anyone else in my life apart from you, Namjoon and Jin"

"You can fool us by lying but can you fool yourself?" Hoseok asked.

"What do you mean?" Yoongi replied.

"Hyung, you need someone else in your life that isn't us" Hoseok answered.

"But why?" Yoongi urged.

"Hyung, you met us all at time of life that you've left behind in the past . Didn't you say that you want to completely leave behind you past? How can you do that if you don't let anyone new in?" Hoseok said

Yoongi rolled his eyes, "But you three are enough to put up with"

"I'm going to ignore that sarcasm" Hoseok sighed, "You really think that we don't know about your nightmares?"

Even though Yoongi was shocked, he didn't let it show.

"You still can't get out of your past. You're stuck in what's gone" Hoseok said with a strained voice.

Yoongi clenched his jaw. As much as wanted to say that Hoseok was wrong, he couldn't. He couldn't swallow his pride and accept the fact that he was scared, that he needed someone to lean onto, someone to break down in front of with out feeling weak.

"Hyung please" Hoseok insisted, "Please... you can at least try"

Yoongi took his sharp breath, clenching his jaws harder, "No, Hoseok"

"Fine then" Hoseok said, throwing his hands up, "Enjoy lying to yourself"

With that the younger left. Yoongi stood in place watching Hoseok walk further away from him. He knew that if he didn't suck up his pride and stop lying to himself, he would loose everything. He won't just break himself forever, but leave an impact on the other as well.

As much as he wanted to run up to the other and walk back together, he couldn't. Not now, at least.

So, Yoongi turned around in the opposite direction and started walking to the place where he could think calmly to himself. It was his place. Something he hadn't shown to anyone, not even his best friend.

That place was something he got as kid by his mother.  Yoongi had the fading memories of his mother carrying him in her arms and walking to that place. Yoongi doesn't remember why his mother would take him there, or all the things she said while they were but that didn't matter.

That place and those fading memories were his mother's last gift. 

Once Yoongi grew up big enough to build things, he built himself a tree house up there. Staying there when his house became too scary to be at. 

But with time, all the happiness that was attached to that place got covered by darkness of his life. The place that was once yellow and warm, now remained grey and lifeless.

As, Yoongi climbed his way up to his place, he replayed whatever Hosek had told him earlier. One of Yoongi many capabilities was to perfectly hide away his emotions. Something he wasn't proud to have but couldn't live without either. 

Even then, the others saw the ever-growing pain inside of him. And even though he knew Hoseok was right, his fear didn't let him. 

Fear that he wasn't enough, like his father had said.

Fear that he would mess up everything. 

Fear that he would be let bro-

Yoongi froze in his path. With scrunched eyebrows, he looked around. Upon not seeing anything unusual he started walking again. He walked a couple of steps before stopping again.

"Hello?" Yoongi called out.

Instead of walking in the direction where his tree house was, he walked into the bushes and overgrowth of the woods.

As he walked into the woods, it could he hear it clearly.

Whimpers.

Yoongi kept on walking until he heard something else.

"H-Help"

Yoongi at first froze in his place, visions of his nightmare clouding up his mind, until he heard the voice again.

"I'm here. H-help" The voice called again.

Yoongi eyes widen and he cursed out loud, running towards where he assumed was the voice was coming from. The voice grew louder.

He stopped running and looked around, "Hello?! Where are you?"

There wasn't any verbal answer but Yoongi heard whimpers again.

The whimper was loud and Yoongi was sure that person was around him. He kept on looking around he saw a crevice and ran there.

"Shit" 

~