Chapter 14

Jisoo's POV

We saw them enter the restaurant and took the stage. People are screaming their names especially the younger ones. They even raise their hands and made a symbol or something. The elite elders look shocked at the younger population reactions. We were also surprise we didn't know how popular they are.

I can feel Lisa stiffen at my side as Jennie, her band and Rosé took the stage but as usual she's good at hiding her emotions.

Jennie really looked different now, though i could see her at times in magazines or in television but in person she's more stunning and captivating ..no wonder they gained a lot of fans. Her uniqueness just stand out. She gave off an aura that could lure people in wanting her.

She's not that shy type girl next door anymore. The woman standing in front of us is full of confidence that could make men or women bleed to death in just one snap of her fingers. The way she smiled and laugh showed how comfortable she is with the crowd.

Turning to my friend, i look at her with worry. I know she's really having a hard time controlling her emotions now. Her face may remained stoic but her eyes says otherwise. It is full of longing, pain, regret and love..

I noticed Henry glance at Lisa making me nudge her in the elbows that's when she looked down cleared her throat and drink her wine straight on.

My gaze turned to the person that's been haunting me for all of those years without her. I've been bedding women and dating them just to get her out of my system but no matter how hard I try she's just keeps on breaking the walls I've built.

I thought it was all an infatuation before but i was wrong.. and it was already too late to finally admit it.

She shut her doors and never trusted me again no matter how hard i tried to prove it to her.

Till i finally gave up and face the consequences that I made for myself.

Now i lost the woman who would be my everything..

Looking at her now made my heart clenched. She's breathtaking.. too damn beautiful to even called a human being.

An angel... my angel.. that's the perfect description for her.

I was too afraid back then. Falling in love with a younger woman made me panicked. I feared that she will leave me sooner or later when she realized that the world is vast and wide for her to explore.

Now I can only be satisfied in watching her fly high.. till she's beyond reachable.

-

Jennie was giving her speech when the crowd grew wilder making her stop and laugh.

"This won't do.. these children couldn't even contain themselves. I'll help the poor girl." Aunt Victoria said before dabbing her mouth with napkin and walked towards the stage.

"She didn't even recognize Jennie." Mathew said while laughing at his mother.

"Hey you couldn't blame Aunt Vicky she didn't see Jennie for a long time. The last time she saw her was when you guys visit us when she was still on diapers." Henry said.

"You're right. Jennie is beyond recognizable now.  How did you made a human looking like that? Are  you sure she's your daughter?" Mathew teasing his bestfriend which earned him a punch on the arm.

I glance at my bestfriend who keeps sipping on her wine as she stared at the person that everyone talked about.

"Okay boys settle down you're not kids anymore. Though i must say Henry she's indeed one fine young lady." Sandara Mathew's wife interjected.