10. Internship with who?

Y/n POV

"You really didn't have to walk me home, Shoto. I can handle myself." I spoke while standing outside of my front door beside the timid teen.

Today... was a really good day. I had so much fun with Shoto. He kept me happy even when he wasn't doing anything special. Just being around him understanding more about him made me feel excited with learning more about him. I don't think I had one negative thought when I was with him today.

I learn many of his interest and dislikes today which brought me to feel slightly closer with him than I did before. Thinking I would be the one mostly talking to keep things between us alive, he surprisingly ended up talking alot than expected. I guess he's opening up more. I definitely want to do this again.

Hopefully next time we won't get talked to so much by people who recognize us from the sports festival and leave us in peace.

"My mother wouldn't be happy if she found out I allowed you to walk by yourself." He responded with his hands being stuffed in his pocket. I let out a tiring sigh as I ruffled his bicolor hair, mixing the white and red strands together. "You're a good person. Thanks, I had a fun day today because of you." I slip away my hand from his hair.

"So did I... I guess, I'll see you at school then." Shoto said, still giving me his usual expressionless face. I gave him my usual smiling expression back and waved, "Yup, thanks agai-" my words were cut off as the front doors of my house were swing opened and standing there was my mother.

My face instantly dropped along with my jaw as I starred at my mother looking at me with fire lit eyes while I grew pale.

"Y/n where the hell have you been-!?" She cut off her screaming when she caught sight of Shoto. Her attitude changed within a flash.

"Oh.. so that's why." She said with a smirk while crossing her arms over her chest. I wasn't ready for the embarrassment that was about to go down.

"I- mom- I was just out with a friend-" She cuts me off as she takes a step forward and laughs while harshly patting me on the back. "A friend you say? Mhmm." She turns her attention back towards Shoto and holds out her hand. "I'm Bakugo Mitsuki, Y/N's mother." Shoto shakes my mother's hand and nods.

"Todoroki Shoto. It's nice to met you." They let go of each other as I held my breath. I didn't want my mother to say anything weird. "I just made dinner, would you like to join us? I would love to learn more about you and Y/n... relationship~" She asked so sweetly with the hidden venom within her words. This made me sweat out as I felt like burying myself in the ground below us.

"I'm sorry, but I have to decline that offer. I promised my sister I'd be home around this time." Shoto said bowing politely. I sighed in relief knowing I didn't have to witness a bloodbath dinner setting. The thought of Shoto watching our family scream at each other all because Katsuki throwing a hissy fit about Shoto being in our house is something I like to avoid.

"Oh okay, maybe another time then. Sorry if my troublesome daughter here caused any issues for you today." I growled as my mother unnecessarily apologized for my behalf. "She didn't at all. In fact she was quite pleased to be around with." He complimented me to my mother.

"Well I see ya later, Shoto. Bye!" I was trying to push my mother back inside which result in her screaming at me. "Don't push me child! I brought you in this world, I can take you out!" She yells. "I just don't want you to say anything to scare him away!" I yelled back getting frustrated.

"I would never! I don't want to ruin any chances of you getting a love life!" She snaps back making me blush in a dark shade of red. "I-It's nothing like that!" I said avoiding Shotos curious stares. I managed to get my mother inside before peeking my head out the door and waved at him.