Flower Crowns : Katsuki Bakugou

Zacznij od początku

Where has the time gone . . . ?

A strong hand gripped your bare shoulder, violently jarring you from your thoughts. You twisted yourself around to see Katsuki Bakugou bending over you, his face neutral as he looked down at you.

"Katsuki!" you breathed out, lifting a hand to clutch your chest. "Geez, you startled me."

He smirked at you, flashing his gums before plopping himself down beside you. "Jumpy today, aren't we?" He leaned over and kissed your cheek, a light scent of smoke and caramel greeting your nose.

"Well, maybe next time don't sneak up on me when I'm alone." You dropped the issue, letting your face relax into a light smile as you let yourself fall backward onto the blanket. Katsuki's eyes roved over you as you laid there, watching him back as you enjoyed the feeling of the grass poking your legs and back through the thin blanket. Bakugou was wearing his usual blank tank top with loose-fitting cargo shorts, which you appreciated.

You inhaled the fresh air, thoroughly delighted to be outside on a day like today, allowing your eyes to close.

"So are you going to do your girly crafty shit or are we just going to sit here?"

You sighed, sitting up. "I was enjoying the day. Do you ever stop and just appreciate nature?"

Bakugou glanced around himself, taking a moment to glare at the kids over on the playset. "Don't usually have time for it."

"Well now is a perfect time." You stood, stretching. "It's summer break, man. You don't have to spend every minute of every day training to become a hero."

Bakugou rolled his eyes, watching you as you stretched your arms and puffed out your chest above him. "So what am I supposed to do while you put flowers in your hair or whatever?"

You ignored the teasing tone of his voice, just bordering on mean. You jutted out your hip, resting a hand on it. "You didn't have to come. I just wanted to spend time with you. Besides, doing everything alone is boring."

Bakugou tched, turning his head to the side.

"What?" you asked. "Don't you like spending time with me?"

His head snapped back to look at you again. "Of course I do, dumbass. Why else did you think I came here?"

You shrugged, shifting your feet. "I'm going to go find some flowers. You wanna come with me?"

Bakugou grumbled, getting to his feet and shoving his hands in his pockets.

You smirked. After being with your temperamental boyfriend for a little over a year now, you were well aware that this was just how he was. He truly cared about you, he just had an odd way of showing it. But no matter what came out of his crude mouth, here he was, following you to go pick flowers. Just because you asked.

You led him to a field stretching out behind the park, filled with a multitude of flowers and long grasses. (Guys, for realsies, respect nature and stuff so you probably shouldn't just pick flowers on public property but this is just for the sake of fluff. Respect wildlife!) You started selecting some particularly vibrant flowers, making sure to keep their stems long. Bakugou stood back, watching you.

"Jesus, how many of those are you going to make?" he asked, looking at your bundle of flowers.

"Just two," you answered, skipping your way back to your blanket without waiting for him.

"Who the hell else are you going to—wait. I am not wearing one of those!"

He followed you at a brisk pace in order to catch up. You plopped yourself down on the blanket and began to sort your flowers, still ignoring Katsuki's protests. He pouted, sitting next to you, stretching one leg out and bending his other knee. He had placed his chin in his hand, slightly covering his mouth and nose.