I will get her back

Start from the beginning

"Same for the left side. Show me your map."

She handed him the drawing she made of the circle with the new sections. He copied them onto his drawing and she copied his onto hers. He gave her her scroll back and their fingers touched. Her breath stopped for a second. She regained control of herself. "It's only a touch, calm down." She tells herself.

"We're getting closer to the centre

"We're getting closer to the centre. We should travel together from now on. There are only two sections left and it looks like the last section on my side is the exit one."

"What do you think is going to be in the centre?"

"Hopefully something we could use. We wasted enough time in here."

The duo walked in Sasuke's part of the maze. They traveled deeper into it leaving the window behind them. The darkness filled the corridors again. This time the two travelled next to each other. She didn't need to hold onto him but she wanted to. She knew that this time he would definitely push her away so she didn't do it.

The silence was heavy on Sakura's chest.

"Sasuke... once we are finished here, where do we go?"      

He sighed.

"Not back to the village."

She put her head down. How did he know? He sadly didn't seem to be in a talkative mood which she understood. The faith of the entire world depended on the outcome of this mission. She felt the pressure too but she was trying not to think about it. So far they were doing good. They figured out the maze, had a theory for the meteor... theory. Theory... So far they only had theories and Kakashi wouldn't be happy with that. The slight motivation she had died down.

"So the two planets left are Venus and Mercury. Judging by the map they work by pairs. So Venus and mercury are next to each other. We should stay together until we find it, especially since we don't know what we will see once we get to the middle section."

Sakura nodded. She was happy to finally travel the maze with him, not that she had a problem doing things on her own but the atmosphere in here was horrible and she felt reassured when he was by her side.

They travelled for probably hours, walking in the twists and turns of the maze trying to find the sun. They both assumed that the way through the maze will make them travel into each section. So far they didn't face a dead end which was definitely a good sign.

The torch helped Sasuke rest from overusing his sharingan. His ability to control chakra was still very low which could potentially be a problem if they faced an enemy or a trap. They walked side by side, Sakura's fingers running on the walls as she walked past them.

"Creating something this big in a dimension when no one can go... Kaguya must have been really paranoid. She shared her sacred chakra to her sons, maybe someone already had the ability to travel through dimensions and that's why she did it." she started hoping that Sasuke will follow. She wanted to talk to him.