"Rebellious? All because I don't listen to you?" You furrow your eyebrows. "Were you born in the 1950s or something?"

Yes, actually.

"Do whatever you want," Hoseok shrugs carelessly. "I'm sure your mom won't let you go anyway."

He turns around, starting to walk up the stairs.

"You're such a freaking pain, Hoseok!" You shout at him.

Hoseok turns to send you a flying kiss which you swat away with your hand.

"Mama, can I ask you a question?" You ask, finishing up your breakfast.

"What is it?"

"So last night, when you were gone with the girls, a friend came over to work on a project like I told you. He mentioned a party happening Friday and invited me, so can I go?"

"No."

"What?"

"You think I don't know what happens at high school parties?" Alena scoffs. "Drugs, alcohol, sex—no ma'am."

"This isn't a high school movie."

"Still."

"Mom," You whine, dragging out the 'mom'. "You know you can trust me."

"And I do trust you," Alena stops cutting the fruit and looks up from the cutting board. "I don't trust everyone else that's gonna be there."

"What if I take Phoenix?"

"Absolutely not." Your big brother declines as he walks into the kitchen.

"Nix, please!" You practically beg. "This is my first high school party."

"Baby sis, what the fuck–"

"Language!" Your mother interrupts him.

"Sorry," Phoenix whispers an apology to her and she gives him a fake smile. He turns back to you. "What the hell do I look like going to a high school party? I'm in college."

"Your first year."

"Still. I'm too cool for all of that," Phoenix slicks his hair back dramatically. "And I'm a big boy now. I'm supposed to be going to college parties."

"Oh, such a big boy that mommy still cuts your fruit." You call him out and he gasps.

"She still cuts yours!"

"I'm not the one pretending to be an adult."

"I'm NoT tHe OnE pReTeNdInG tO–"

"Alright guys, cut it out," Alena interrupts his mimicking. "Y/N, if you really wanna go then take Hoseok. I trust him."

"Suddenly I don't wanna go anymore."

She chuckles, "I will never understand what you have against that boy."

"Of course you won't because he's the 'perfect' boy in your eyes."

"He is! He's helpful, funny, charming, sweet," Alena lists out his qualities. "I'd definitely be more than happy if you date him."

"Would you look at that," You raise your wrist and look at it as if you had a watch on. "I'm gonna be late for school."

Alena chuckles and you walk over to the sink, rinsing your dirty dishes and placing them inside the empty dishwasher. You kiss your mother goodbye and Phoenix flicks you off when she isn't looking. You stick your tongue out at him, doing the same as you leave the kitchen.

"Hi." Jungkook greets with a smile as he takes his seat next to you.

"Hey." You smile back.

"Did you ask your mom about the party?"

"Yeah." You answer unenthusiastically.

"Uh oh, what did she say?"

You look at Jungkook for a moment as you think.

Y/N, this is your last year of high school. You got invited to a real party for the first time and you're just not going to take the invite? Don't be lame.

"She said yes!"

Jungkook sighs, laughing softly, "You got me there. By your reaction I thought she said no to letting you go."

You chuckle nervously.

"Do you want to meet over there?"

"Sure."

"Alright, I'll make sure to give you the address," Jungkook grabs your shoulder and gives it a gentle shake. "We're gonna have so much fun!"

You give him a forced smile.

You only live once, right?

────── .✇. ──────