CHAPTER 3

REMINDER: PLEASE MOVE YOUR PHONE A LITTLE BIT FARTHER TO YOU. RADIATION IS BAD FOR OUR HEALTH. THANK YOU.

ABEL'S POV

"DID Luntian go here?" I quietly ask Azul, Luntian's former boss, even though I'm sure that it is him. There's a little hope that he will at least see me again or properly say goodbye.

Azul stares at me and nods. I lower my gaze, hurt. Luntian is my precious person. He's been with me for four years and has a two-year physical relationship. It will be weird if I didn't feel love even a tiny bit.

"If...," Azul muttered which makes me look at him again. He looks unsure if he was going to continue. Nevertheless, he still does it. "If you look this reluctant to let him go then why-?"

"Why didn't I stop him?" I continue then smile. "Because... this is what he wants."

'and might make him happy.' I want to say but refuse to. Azul won't understand why I care so much about Luntian. He's a slut, when you show him your dick he will get down on his knee, on everyone's eyes. They don't know his story. They don't know the reason why he's like that nor even interested in knowing.

Since I know him, he treats his life as if he's already dead. His birthdays become funerals. If I didn't make him something to eat, he will not eat before. It changes when he starts having hardcore sex on anyone. As if it's his sole purpose, he embraces being a prostitute without any objection. And those who make him like that never even feel any ounce of regret on they did. They even shift the blame to Luntian. It makes me mad. So mad. Putting them into jail is not enough. Not enough for Luntian to say he had justice.

Azul eyed me. "Do you... Do you perhaps... love him?"

My eyebrows cross on uneasiness in his voice. "Of course." I think of him as my child, though he doesn't like that. Maybe this is one of the reasons why he leaves me. He's allergic to affection is high.

"Then you should fight for him," Azul genuinely answers that make me want to laugh.

I secretly bite my lips to control my reaction. Fighting because of my greed will make me lost him completely.

"How about his things?" I ask, changing the subject.

Azul still wants to continue the subject but goes along with me. "He only accepts the phone and guns." He gazes at the window, avoiding my eyes, looking a bit guilty. "And he tells you to fuck off."

Figures. The things he didn't get are my gifts to him. I expect the reaction yet it still hurts.

My lips form a line. "Then I will get his things back in the house." Because there's this tiny hope that he might go back. It may take years. but I don't care. I will wait for my son.

Azul glance at me, observing my reaction then invite me to a room. I accept. I don't have anything to do, anyway. He orders the waiter to bring beers that they do in a second. I look down. It's nice that the wall is tinted glass. I can see them here but they can't see me.

I scan the whole place. It's undoubtedly diverse. Someone is making out on every corner, drunkards that pester everyone, and people indulge in their world are all here, having fun in their way. Ironically, his staffs are in order. They are fast in action especially in keeping the place in peace.

"Your staffs are admirable," I compliment. "You must be a good boss."

He flushes, quite embarrassed, which makes me smile. Cute. He fake a cough then pours a beer into the glass. He gives it to me and says, "Tara shot?"

I almost laugh. I think it's out of character but then when he's with me, everything he does I got that conclusion. Or maybe I'm just being too confident that I'm in that illusion? Or for the worst case, I unconsciously think of him as a replacement for Luntian especially that we aren't even talking before. We just got this close when Luntian removes me from my post. He's coincidentally in there to comfort me.