☽| six

angelus' pov

"Hurry up and get your ass out here!" Ryland screamed outside of my apartment door, impatiently waiting to take me to work.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming!" I hustled out of my door with a loud huff, trying to catch my breath.

"About damn time."

"Sorry Ry, I forgot to set my alarm apparently." He shook his head and grabbed my bags to carry to his car.

"I'll get you a drink, on me."

"Now you're talking my damn language." We continued our banter until we got to his 2018 red Chevy Camaro, and headed off to my job.

"You find someone to take you to your interview?"

"Yeah, Midas is gonna take me."

"Is it even safe to breathe the same air as that heathen?" I saw Ry roll his eyes out of the corner of mine, and I sighed.

"I'll be fine Ry. He seems to be doing better lately."

"Lately? What about ten days from now, two weeks, even tonight and he's not doing better then? He's going to do that shit again Angelus, don't be stupid."

"Don't be so damn judgmental." Ryland gripped the steering wheel a bit tighter, clenching his jaw.

"So, I can't judge someone who assaulted best friend? I can't tell you what I already know is going to happen?"

"You don't know shit, Ryland. If he's doing better now, all he can do is move forward."

"You sound stupid as shit right now, you know that?" I huffed and folded my arms over my chest, looking out of the window at the glimmer of the passing cars.

"Just fucking drive."

"Don't think I'm going to just drop this, because I won't."

"Classic Ryland."

"I'm gonna take that as a compliment you muttering thot." I looked over at him as he looked over at me, and we both laughed.

"Hey," Ry placed his hand on top of mine, "I love you and I only want the best for you. I don't want you in a detrimental relationship that's gonna hurt you in the end. Just, please be careful with him. I honestly think you should leave him but, that's up to you. Don't bite my head off when I'm trying to check up on you either; I'm just trying to watch out for you. You're like the little sister I never had and I would greatly prefer if you were alive."

I placed my hand on top of his and squeezed for reassurance.

"I'll be careful Ry, okay? I promise you I'll be fine too because there's nothing for you to worry about, worrywart." I punched his shoulder playfully, earning a scoff from him.

"I am not a worrywart. Now, give me a hug." Ryland reached over to hug me and I lurched forward to grab the steering wheel.

"Keep your hands on the wheel dummy are you trying to kill us?!"

"Ah fuck, my bad lmao."