☽ | four - part two

Before I could respond, a hand slipped around my waist gripping on tight. I looked up and saw Midas with a calm, yet frightening look on his face.

"Yeah, as a matter of fact, I am. Are y'all finished here?" He stared at Zig, eyes calm but serious. Zig didn't back down though.

"Yeah man, y'all have a nice rest of the night."

"Yeah." Midas grabbed my bags and roughly pulled me along, almost causing me to stumble.

"Midas, let go!" I tried to pull away, but it was like this all the way to the car.

"Get in the fucking car." His voice was as hard as stone and to be honest, it scared me a little. But I refuse to back down now, he needs to explain himself!

"What the fuck is your problem?!" I slammed the car door shut that he was holding open, and placed my hands on my hips.

"You better watch how you fucking talk to me."

"No, YOU better watch how you talk and handle me. I don't appreciate you putting your hands on me the way you did Midas, which was uncalled for." I rubbed my arm in the place he grabbed me which was starting to hurt a bit.

"I'm not going to tell your ass again." Midas opened the car door once more and gave me a look that honest to goodness scared me shitless. But I wasn't having it. I was going to show him I meant what I said, and I said what I meant.

"Get in the fucking car."

"Fuck off." With that, I walked back towards the mall's entrance and took my phone out ready to call an Uber to carry me back home. I refuse to come home with a man who feels as if he doesn't have to explain himself to me.

Before I could get within 5 feet away from the car, I felt a hand grip around the back of my neck in a tight manner and forcefully pull me back.

"I don't understand where the fuck you think you're going." Midas aggressively commented while pushing me back toward the car.

"Let me fucking go!" I screamed as he pushed me inside the front of the car and slammed the door before I had a chance to say another word. The driver's side door opened and before I could utter a word, Midas spoke.

"I don't want to hear a damn word from you." And as he put the car in reverse, I turned, slapping Midas with all the energy I had left inside of me.

"Don't you ever put your hands on me like that again, I don't know who you think you are today but understand I am not the one to act a fool with." I spoke through clenched teeth because I was honestly fed the fuck up right now. I had never seen this side of Midas before and I never wanted to see it again.

Instead of replying, Midas simply drove off with his hand tightened on the wheel, and jaw clenched. Not feeling up to talking with him anymore, I simply crossed my arms and fell asleep in the car.

Once we finally reached Midas' house I hurried inside so I could strip and hop in the bed as today's activities had worn me out terribly. I slid my shoes off by the side of the stairs and knelt down to straighten them so they weren't in a place where someone could trip and fall.

"I don't feel like watching a movie M, so I'm just gonna—" Before I could fully stand back up, I felt a hard object fly across my face, which knocked me back down. Blood instantly filled my mouth as I struggled to speak.

"Midas what the f—" I received another hit to the face before I could finish, causing me to scream and cry in agony. By now, I had a bloody nose and a bloody mouth, yet Midas was far from finished. He fisted my hair and made it so that I was eye to eye with him, pushing me against the wall in the process.

"Listen to me and listen to me well," His grip on my hair tightened causing me to close my eyes and whimper, "Don't you ever raise your voice or hand at me again or I'm going to fucking break them, do you understand me?" When I didn't respond, his hand moved to my neck, adding hard pressure as he slammed me against the wall. I wrapped my small hands around his wrist, struggling to get the words out.

"And don't you ever walk away from me; I don't take that shit lightly." I nodded vigorously, with the waterworks and blood show on full display. Midas released his grip and I fell to the floor, not daring to look up at him. Thoughts clouded my pounding head as I sobbed continuously. Something wasn't right. This wasn't the man I fell in love with.

"Clean this shit up." I didn't respond, I just sat for what felt like an eternity and tried to compose myself. When I looked at the clock it read 10:08.

Eight minutes have gone to waste and I have yet to reel it in and do what I should: getting the fuck out.

Which isn't what I end up doing.

I tried to ignore the burning sensation that engulfed my entire face but, I couldn't. The new droplets of blood on the floor only made me cry even more, and I allowed a shrill scream to escape the back of my throat. That's what I did.

That was I all I could do.

☽☽☽

fin / march 29, 2019 -- 12:43 a.m.