Chapter Thirty-Two: We've Had Enough Of You

Start from the beginning

"Dear gods," Roland swore. "I knew this realm was trouble, but I had no idea this was where Lord Siren and Lord Phantom were from."

"It's not like the two want to advertise it," Jaime says. "Not that anyone can blame them. Everyone here hated them without even knowing who they even are simply because of powers that they didn't even ask for."

"Not to sound too much like a nymph or dryad, but flowers to not get to choose where they bloom," Roland said. "The same can be said about our destinies and fates. We do not get to pick and choose what happens in our lives, just how we deal with it."

"I think someone might be spending a lot of time in that Isle of Stories the twins told us about," Jaime snickered. "That was some deep stuff."

"Well, I'm a hybrid, not stupid," Roland smirks. "We're always surprising people."

"I was definitely surprised by how well the twins have taken being back here," Jaime admitted. "They really are heroes. Coming to save those that they know will still hate them even after the deed is done."

"They're definitely better people than I would be," Roland said. "If I had a chance to make my enemies suffer, I will definitely take it."

"You're helping us now, and that is definitely more than what others are doing," Jaime looked at the four intruders when he said that.

"Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it," Roland says.

Remembering Phantom and Siren's anger toward things like the Salem Witch Trials, Blue Beetle definitely believed it. This town, and basically the realm as a whole, repeated the mistake of judging and going against those that they did not understand and were paying for it. Salem saw people behaving "abnormal" and accused them of being witches. Amity Park saw those that were magical and behaved the exact same way. Hunting them, killing them, yet somehow still believed that they were in the right. Disgusting.

"Did you seriously hack into our security system again," Danny glared at them.

"We would have had to if you hadn't changed the passcode," Sam glared right back.

"We changed it for a reason," Danny almost growled. "I designed this system specifically to keep ghosts like Technus out, not to mention any technopaths that go rouge."

A few team members looked at Siren in confusion.

"Technopaths are a type of witch or wizard that have the power to control technology," he told them. "They've only been around for the last hundred years or so."

"You hacking into our system, repeatedly, could put it in danger of one of those things actually happening," Danny says.

"You should have told us that in the first place," Maddie argued.

"We don't have to tell you anything," White snapped. "You are civilians and are not supposed to be in the middle of this."

"We have more of a right to be here than you," Maddie snaps back.

"Yeah, four normal people that have no idea what they are doing have more of a right than an entire team of experienced heroes," Valerie sarcastically said.

"Heroes," Jack scoffed. "Can't be heroes with those two on your team."

He barely gave the twins a wave.

"You dare talk about them like they have not sacrificed so much for this ungrateful town," Jazz crossed her arms.

"Watch how you talk to us, young lady," Maddie scolded her daughter.