Chapter Seven: PTSD

The team walked into the training room. To their surprise, other members of the league were there. Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, and GL had joined Batman, Black Canary, and Red Tornado in the room for today.

"Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that something is going to happen today," White says, barely audible.

"Cause you're a siren that can read people like books," Gar guessed, making most of them facepalm.

"Okay, too much time with Lena," White shook his head. "I need to program myself not to talk so much, again."

"Need any programming done, I'm your man," Cyborg cheerfully says. "Well, half man technically."

"Oh great," Dick complained. "Danny, you're turning Cyborg into you."

"And what's so wrong with that," Danny pouted, crossing his arms.

"I'm surrounded by nitwits," White covered his face with his hands.

"You get used to it, White," Kaldur tells him, patting his back. "It may take a while, but you do."

White smiled at him.

"At least not everyone is out of their mind," he said.

Looking between the two teens, swore she saw Aqualad blush at what Siren said. Her inner matchmaker and inner detective started working as one as she narrowed her eyes at them.

"You alright there, sis," Gar asked her.

"Oops, must have spaced for a second," M'gann said.

"What's with the number of extra visitors today, Bats," Bart asked, with his usual non-existent filter. "Are we getting a big mission? That be crash."

"No, nothing like that, Bart," Flash told his youngest protégée.

"The league just wanted to see how our two newest recruits do in battle," Batman told the team.

The teen heroes all looked at Phantom and Gold Siren. The twins narrowed their eyes at the Dark Knight.

"We've been here a year, we're not that new," Danny crossed his arms.

"If you want to get technical, Cyborg had joined the team after us," White reminded. "So he is technically the newest member of the team."

The league looked shocked at the two. The team, not so much. Normally, no one sticks up to Batman. His "dark" vibe makes even Superman weak in the knees. Yet these two hold their ground, their faces not showing even the slightest bit of fear or timidity. No one has ever been able to stand up to him like the way they did. Just so sarcastic and witty. They have no idea how.

"The league just wanted to see you train," Canary said. "You are still fairly new to this dimension and we need to see the full extent of your powers and training."

The twins shared a look that was an obvious saying of "of course that's what they want."

"In other words, you need to know if our 'kinds' are dangerous or not," Danny responded, quite harshly I might add. "You need to know our weaknesses in order to stop us, or any of our kinds, if it comes down to a certain situation."

The league and team looked at the two in shock. All of them, except Batman and Cyborg, were struck speechless. Cyborg, many times, has been the pair of ears that hear the two openly hate on people that treat them differently over their powers.

"Danny, White, it's not like that," M'gann tried. "They just..."

"Are completely paranoid and bias," White interrupted. "Don't lie or try to deny it. We've been heroes long enough to know that things like this always have a catch. I should know. In the words of an annoying imp called Rumpelstiltskin, 'all magic comes at a price.' We know how to read between the lines."