Chapter 19

SIMON POV:

After Jace confessed that Valentine lied and that he and Clary are not really brothers, something inside me broke. I don't know what it was, but it made me very worried. Everyone knows that the only reason Clary and Jace are not together is because they always believed that they were family and now that they have discovered that they are not, nothing prevents them from being happy together .... But where does that leave me?

I decided it was better to let them talk about what they just discovered and I wanted to go home, I needed to think about what was going on with me and why I felt so down.

"Hey, Simon, are you okay?" Asked Izzy as soon as we left Jace's old room.

- Yes, I think so...

- Come on, let's talk. - said Izzy, dragging me to his room. - Go tell me what's going on.

- Nothing is going on, I'm just taking in the news.

- Ah! I see, you're sad because Jace and Clary are not brothers ... You still like her, don't you?

- Of course, I will always like her ... She is my best friend and was my first real girlfriend, but that is not what is leaving me like this. I can't explain, since the day we were at the Seelie Court that my head is not shaking ... I don't know what to think or what I feel. When Clary kissed Jace to free us, I was devastated, but it wasn't just because my girlfriend didn't like me as much as I thought or as I wanted. A part of me, a small part, was jealous of her because she was kissing him. Since that moment, we have come very close and I am very grateful for everything he has done for me, for all the support he has given me to overcome that situation, but things have changed ... At least for me. When I was kidnapped by Heidi I felt a fear that I had never felt in my life, but it was not the fear of never returning there.

- So, what was?

- I was afraid of never seeing him again .... I can't live without Jace anymore, at first I thought it was because of our friendship and because I'm used to having his company every day, but I've been feeling things that I can't explain and that I never felt and the worst thing is that I don't know what they mean ...

- But I know. - said Izzy, smiling. - Simon, you're in love with my brother!

Would be? Was it passion I feel for Jace? I knew I couldn't be without him, but was I falling in love with the shadowhunter that I once hated with all my might?

POV JACE:

My friends all left so that me and Clary could have a serious conversation. I wanted to clarify everything but I wasn't sure where to start. For some reason, which I don't know, I could only think of the sad tone in which Simon left this room.

- I know we have to talk about this but I'm not sure where to start.- I said looking at the floor.

- Jace, it is no secret that we both liked each other very much, in fact if it weren't for this lie, we would be together, but I also know that a relationship between us will never happen. Everyone knows that I still adore you, but I also know and for sure that many people have also realized that your heart is busy with someone other than me.

- Now I am confused, what do you mean?

"Do you really think I won't notice that you're completely in love with my best friend?" Asked Clary, smiling.

- Me? In love with Simon? Clary, Jace Lightwood doesn't fall in love ...

- Correction, he didn't fall in love. I can see the way you look at him when he doesn't. Jace, you lost your mind when Heidi kidnapped him ...

- Clary, I'm not in love with your best friend.

- Do you want to deceive me or you? Jace I know the truth and I also know that deep down, but even deep within your heart, you also know it ... You may not yet be ready to admit it or you may not even realize these feelings of yours, but you like him. You can't even deny it .... Think about it!

3rd PERSON POV:

Both boys could not help thinking about the conversations they had with the girls and as time went by, both of them moved away from each other a little because they were still trying to understand what they felt. Simon started to get away from his best friend, barely accepted his feelings for Jace, because he knew that Clary still liked Jace and didn't want to hurt her.

Jace had also admitted to himself that he felt something for Simon that he had never felt for anyone, not even for Clary, but he was afraid that his friend would not feel the same, so he didn't even consider risking telling him the truth.

Clary was not understanding why her best friend would have suddenly left her and one day that she knew Jace was at the institute and Simon would still be home to visit and clear up the matter once and for all.

- We need to talk. - she said after Simon opened the door to his house. - Are you finally going to explain to me why you are walking away from me if I didn't do you any harm? It is not even worth saying that you are not, because this one doesn't catch me.