Chapter 14

POV JACE:

We were currently checking a report of a demonic sighting in downtown Brooklyn but we arrived at the location indicated and saw nothing. As everything seemed to be right, we went to Clary and Simon, who had been on the lookout, as this is a place highly visited by mundanes and we could not risk being seen in any event.

They had stayed on a street next to us and when we got there we saw Clary on the floor, with blood at her side but no Simon. I activated the rune for her to recover and went to look for Simon on the block.

He was nowhere to be found and i was starting to get worried. He didn't just disappear like that when Clary was hurt.

"What's new?" Asked Alecc as soon as we got back to the institute.

- Nothing, I looked everywhere I imagined, I went for a walk around the block, I went to his house, to the bar, to the Chinese restaurant where Luke's pack operates and nothing, there are no signs of him.

- Clary, what happened?

- I don't know how to explain, it was all so fast. One moment we were talking and everything was fine, the next I was already passed out and when I woke up both Jace and Izzy were beside me but there was no sign of Simon anymore.

"Who could have done all this work just to kidnap him?" Asked Alec.

- There are a lot of people who would only gain from his kidnapping and for several reasons, - replied Clary.

- I suspect I already know who it was .... The crazy sharp teeth.

"Heidi?" Asked Clary and Izzy at the same time.

- Of course, think with me ... She has a great obsession with him, because she believes that he is her sier and wants him to escape with her to live an eternal life for both of them. We all know that Simon would never run away ...

- Makes sense! She said she would do anything for him to be with her.

- I would not admire anything if it had been toothpaste ...

I was at the institute for a few more hours but then it was time to go home. We told Luke what was going on and he said that he would help us with whatever was necessary.

Thinking that I will never be able to see him again, makes me sad and with the feeling that I have my heart in my hands. Not knowing where he is and if he is well, does not leave me rested. I should have looked for him better in the city, but that crazy sweetheart's plan was always to run away with him, who would tell me that they were no longer here, they could be anywhere in the world.

It was useless, I wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight. I went around and around in my bed but my concern was greater than the desire to sleep so I went for a walk around the neighborhood. Minutes and minutes combing through various places and no sign of him or crazy. At least I had to go home and try to get some rest. I got home and I'm not sure why, I ended up lying in your bed.

In the morning I woke up and went to get something to eat and then go back to the institute to continue looking for him. We had to find him quickly, I don't know how much longer I could take without knowing where he is.

"So is there anything new yet?" I asked when I reached the institute.

- Nothing, we spent all night with the reconnaissance software to see if we found it or if we saw where they passed by, but so far, nothing. And you? "Replied Alec.

- Nothing too, I went for a walk around the city but I didn't find any clue. I know it was her, dammit I'm sure of that, but I don't know where she could have taken him.

"We are going to find him, she cannot hide him forever," said Izzy, joining us.

I knew they were right, but part of me felt a little uncomfortable. I didn't really know what it was but I knew it didn't come from there.

- I know it's not a good time but I have good news. They just named me shadowhunter ... Do you know what that means? I am no longer a beginner, now I am a true shadowhunter.- said Clary smiling.

- This is great, we have to celebrate even with just one lunch. What do you say? Can we go to the bar where Maia works and have something to eat? "Asked Izzy and we all agreed.

We knew that the time was not ideal, but it was a huge honor to move from beginner to complete shadowhunter. We had to see more surveillance cameras but there was still no sign of them. We left the software running and went to the cafe to have lunch and celebrate Clary's promotion.