Chapter 9

When I woke up it was already ten thirty in the morning and I didn't see Jace anywhere. I put on the robe because I didn't want to be cold and went to the kitchen, looking at a paper and on the kitchen counter.

" I'm sorry I'm not there when you wake up, but my dear sister needed me at the institute. I still started breakfast but I was interrupted so you just have the orange juice ready. See you later! "

I drank the juice and sat on the couch watching TV, I didn't feel like doing anything else. I was watching a series called Castle, which tells the story of Richard Castle, a successful book writer and Kate Beckett, a New York homicide detective. Together they solve crimes that occur in New York. The series was fun, the characters were very good and the dynamics of Beckett and Castle were very nice to see.

- So what are we going to see this afternoon? Castle, good choice!

- Jace, what are you doing here? I thought Izzy needed you at the institute and I'm almost sure the door was locked.- I said a little scared because I didn't know how he got inside.

- Do you really think that I, Jace Wayland, one of the best shadowhunters in the world, couldn't get into your apartment? Of course I can and I will not tell you my secret. So what are we going to do today?

- I'll be sitting on this sofa, covered with this blanket and watching the series I'm watching, now you do what you want.

- I'll keep you company then. It looks like you're going to be blessed with my company all afternoon, isn't it fantastic?

- You have nothing more important to do? Don't you have people to save? Demons to kill?

- Maybe it is, but the staff can handle the job well. You need company and that is what I am, your company. So whether you like it or not, I'll be by your side all afternoon doing whatever you want, taking a stroll through Brooklyn or at home watching series.

The first week, I was practically all the time at home watching series, movies or playing video games, but the following Monday I went for a walk in Brooklyn. Jace didn't leave my side all these days, he went to his missions, clearly, but then he came back and even slept here.

"Good morning, are we going to our morning stroll?" Asked Jace as soon as I left my room.

- Just let me wear something, have breakfast and then let's go.

I was getting dressed when my doorbell rang. I left my room and saw who it was.

- Good morning boys. I stopped by to see you Simon.- said Izzy, entering and sitting on the sofa.- How are you?

- I'm getting better little by little.

- That's nice! We really missed you at the institute and so did Clary. She has been very sad without knowing how you are, she does not want to come here and bother you.

- What if I went there this afternoon? I'm not saying I'm ready for missions yet, but I can visit you and talk to her.

"And do you think you're ready for that?" Asked Jace worriedly.

- I don't know, but I can try. I can't stay here hiding forever, I have to report what happened. But Izzy, do me a favor, don't tell anyone that I'm going over there.

- It's ok! Promised Si!

CLARY POV:

These days have been very complicated, I haven't spoken to Simon in a week or heard from him except what Jace tells me. He has been with Simon all this time and makes me happy to know that he cares about him. Every day I woke up wanting to stop by the apartment and talk to him, but I know he didn't want to see me.

Today I woke up early, as usual and went to the cafeteria. There I found Magnus and Alec, but Izzy was not there.

- Where's Izzy? She tends to be first than you two!

- She went to visit Simon.

- Oh, good! I wanted to do it too, but I'm sure he doesn't want to see me or paint it gold.

- Don't say that, the vampire adores you and it's not what happened that will change. He may be hurt, because you broke his heart but your friendship is still there.

- Good morning boys and girls, - said Izzy, sitting next to us.

"So how's he doing?" Asked Alec, also concerned.

- More or less, you can see that he is down, but he is gradually improving. In fact, Jace wouldn't let him get worst!

The rest of the morning passed in an instant and I went to lunch with Izzy at the bar where Maia worked and then we went back to the institute if we had any assignments to do during the afternoon.

"So do you miss me?" Asked Simon as he entered the front door with Jace at his side. "I came to visit my favorite shadowhunters.

- Glad you came, we were thinking that you had immigrated and that you had taken Jace with you.- exclaimed Alec smiling and went to hug him.

- Do you think so? If I had immigrated I wouldn't have taken you with me! Clary, do you think we could talk?

- Of course, let's go to my room.

"How are you doing first?" Asked Simon, sitting next to me on the bed.

- More or less, I live one day at a time. And thou?

- I'm better, I'm getting better little by little ... I just needed time.

- I know, that's why I didn't go to see you or try to contact you this past week ... Although I really want you! I didn't know if you wanted or would be prepared to talk to me.

- Clary I was upset, yes, but you are my best friend in the world. Although we no longer have a romantic relationship, it does not invalidate the fact that we are friends. Our friendship is the most important thing in my life, it always has been and always will be. Don't blame yourself for what happened, it was going to happen sooner or later.

- I know, but it could be otherwise.

- True, but now what is done, there is no turning back.

We spent a few more minutes talking when I was called on a mission in New York and Simon went to his home. I was happy for our conversation, it was exactly what I was needing!