Chapter 5

SIMON POV:

The weeks went on and it was getting harder and harder to keep my feelings secret from Clary. I wanted to tell but I didn't know if she would be prepared to hear me after what happened or if she would feel something similar for me.

- You have to tell her once and for all! You cannot continue in uncertainty for much longer.- said Maia while cleaning the glasses of the bar where she worked and where I sometimes worked.

- I know but...

- It's not but half but. How long have you liked her?

- From a young age, but ...

- But nothing ... You have to tell her and today! No more living in fear of her reaction. You are going to send her a message to meet you at the park at eleven at night, so it does not interfere with your missions. Until you tell her, you can't move on with your life. You are stuck in an illusion of what could be ... Enough! Send the message, or I'll send it!

I did what Maia told me, I arranged to meet at the park, where the rolutes are usually open during the day until eleven at night. So I had time to prepare myself psychologically for what I was going to say and think of various response scenarios.

The hours started to pass very fast and to say that he was nervous, it was nothing. A vampire doesn't sweat, but I swear it looked like water was running. I couldn't concentrate on anything else but several answers that she could give me and the end of our friendship forever.

Wow, it was just a conversation with my best friend, it wasn't Godzilla. But it was a conversation where I was going to tell her what I really feel for her and this could go very wrong ....

"Simon, are you all right?" Asked Clary from behind me and I turned to her smiling.

- Yes, of course it is ... Wait! Do you want to sit down? I mean standing up also ...

- Simon, what's going on? I received a strange message to say to meet you here at eleven at night ... Do you expect anything to happen to Maia?

- Yes, in fact yes, it happened. Listen, Clary, what happens is that ... Hmm ... We have been friends, I mean best friends, for a long time and the last thing I want is to ruin that because the truth of our friendship is very important to me. ..

- It's important to me too.

- But when two people are friends for a long time, people like us both, feelings can evolve.

- Simon, if it's because of Maia, I don't want you to think that we can't be best friends just because the two of you are in a relationship.

- It is! I don't want to go out with anyone, I mean with no one else except ... What I mean is that I'm in love with you Clary and I know you can't feel the same as me and that things between us can get weird but ...

I was talking when she interrupted me with a kiss and from that night on, my oldest wish came true. My best friend and I had started a relationship!

After being together in the park for a while, we decided it was best to go home as we both had to get up early the next morning. I took her to the institute, although she told me it wouldn't be necessary, but I insisted. When I got home, I lay down on my bed and thought that today had been one of the happiest days of my life.