Chapter 10

SIMON POV:

- You know you don't always have to watch what I do, I already told you that I'm better. Until tomorrow I will start helping with the missions again as before.

- I do not want to know!

I was convincing Jace an afternoon that I didn't need to be my babysister, because I was doing better. I am immensely grateful to him for all he has done for me this past week, as it is thanks to him that I have improved my mood, but I no longer need to be with him 24 hours a day.

- Jace, don't you miss going out at night every day and going to the bars trying to hook up the girls? You can go, I'm fine!

- I don't miss it, I didn't go to the bars to hook up girls, most of the time and I'm right here where meant to be. You don't get rid of me so easily!

- Urg! Okay, I don't insist anymore. Do as you wish.

The truth is I have not yet recovered from the end of my relationship but I am not going to cry around the corner anymore. Me and Clary still have our friendship and there are more people out there and I believe that the person who can be considered  to be  "the one", is out there looking for me.

It was late and I didn't feel like "arguing" with Jace anymore so I went to my room, because tomorrow would be a new day and I'm dying to start my daily routine again. In the morning I woke up to the sound of my doorbell. I got out of bed, put on my slippers and went to see who it was.

- Sorry to bother you Simon, I know that maybe the time is not be the best but I needed your help in the case that came to my hands this morning.

- You don't need to apologize, I'm glad I can help, but come in and tell me what happened.

- This morning I was called to see a girl's body about your age that we say she lacked something ...

- Life? - Jace asked entering the room. - Good morning Luke!

- Jace, I didn't know you were here.

"Yeah, I kind of live here," said Jace and went to make his morning coffee.

- You can continue Luke.

- The girl had no blood on her body, I immediately remembered that it was a vampire who had done that to her and I was even going to talk to Raphael but you know that my relations with vampires are not the best.

- If you want I can talk to him, but before that, do you think I can go see the body?

- Sure, if you want to wear something else, I'll wait for you and then we'll go.

- I'm going with you! What is it? I don't have any missions yet and I don't feel like being here alone! - exclaimed Jace.

We went to get dressed and then, together with Luke, we went to see the body. Really the marks on the neck looked like they were made by a vampire and the body was almost bloodless, just a few drops left the victim's body.

- Well, I'm going to talk to Raphael, he may know who did this to the poor girl and I'll talk to you in a little while.- I said to Luke and both Jace and I left the morgue. we separated ... - See you around!

- Don't even think about it, I'll go with you! Consider this my mission, to find out who did that to the poor innocent girl. It's not even worth discussing with, Simon!

We went to the hotel where Raphael used to be and asked one of his lackeys to speak to him.

- Good eyes see you, Daylighter.

- I didn't come to argue or fight.

- Then why did you bring the blondie with you?

- Never mind, I need to talk to you about a murder that happened this morning. Raphael was one of us, I'm sure of it. Do you suspect who it may have been?

As soon as I spoke about this subject, his attitude changed completely. I am sure he knew who had done it but I was in doubt if he would tell me.

- You know, don't you? It's in your face Raphael.

- Spit out sharp teeth, who was it?

- There is one thing you should know Simon. Heidi is alive! You didn't kill her! She survived the bite you made and after you many have taken advantage of her to bite her, of course she didn't care much about it, since she was addicted to our poison. After she supposedly passed away, I found her wandering the streets of Brooklyn and brought her to the hotel. I studied it, did some tests to see if it had the capacity you have or not. I thought we could train her, too, so that when we let her go, I couldn't end the peace we established with the Seelies, werewolves and shadowhunters. Two and a half weeks ago I went to see how she was doing and that's when I saw that the vampire who usually watches her was dead and she had escaped. We are trying to find it today, but without success.

- So she is responsible for the mundane attack?

- Almost certainly, yes. She doesn't show much control in her bloodlust, or if she does, she doesn't care about the peace we have established with the rest of the shadow world.

- I thought she was dead, after all I was accused of killing her. Hell, I even saw her body in the morgue.

- She wasn't dead, she was in the process of changing. I found it and brought her here. But she is crazy about you Simon! Right now you are the only person who can find it.

We left the hotel and I didn't even want to believe that Heidi was alive and that she was now a vampire, because of me. I didn't want this life and now because of me, a once innocent person woke up with the burden of being immortal.

- Hey, don't think about it anymore, it's not your fault. She was a demon sage addict, sooner or later this was going to happen. We have to find out where it is and stop it before it's too late.

- You're right, let's go home ... I need to eat something and in the afternoon we think about what we will do to find her.

- Hello my love.- Heidi said when we entered my house. She was sitting on the couch. "Do you still remember me?"