🔪Chapter 32: If She Screams, Don't Let Her Go (UPDATED)

Começar do início

"Is there any problem with Aurora?" He asked.

"Why don't we go outside and talk about this privately, shall we?" Detective Brian suggested.

We head outside and we make sure no one is nearby listening to our conversation.

"Now can you tell me what's going on with Aurora?" He asked.

"This is not just about Aurora. It's about the mysterious murder cases that have been happening, starting from her teacher to the latest murder of Miss Victoria, your neighbor... and about your son, Steven."

"Now what about Steven?" He asked and his tone is starting to sound... tense. "I swear that kid-"

"Mr. Anderson, have you observed what's happening between Aurora and Steven? Anything strange or suspicious?"

"Actually yes, I have. Aurora is getting paler, she doesn't eat much, she always said that she doesn't get much sleep, she doesn't want to go to school and she's been wearing baggy clothes a lot lately. And Steven, he acts so... unusual and different. Also, one time, he literally slapped Aurora right in front of us and I don't know what's gotten into him." He said.

Detective Brian and I looked at each other. "Well Mr. Anderson, Steven is not your only son, correct?"

"Yes. I'm sorry but how did you know that?" He asked.

"It was being written in Steven's journal that he's been keeping for years. And the mysterious murder cases that have been reported happened to be connected with Aurora and Steven."

Mr. Anderson furrowed his eyebrows. "What does it have to do with Aurora and Steven? Is there something really going on between them? Please tell me."

Detective Brian sighed. "Sir, I don't know how to say this but... according to Aurora, your son raped her and she got pregnant in the process."

"Wait, what?" Mr. Anderson's eyes widen and I excuse myself from the conversation to check on my phone.

I receive a text message from Heather, saying that she got.... a curfew?

__________________________________

You: You don't want to come along? I'm on the way to the hospital with the detective.

Heather: No, I don't want to pressure her. Anyways, I have a curfew.

12:22 am

You: Wait... you don't have a curfew.

__________________________________

Steven's POV

After taping her mouth, arms, and legs, I went upstairs and shut the door, on my way to see if Aurora is awake.

I look down and her phone vibrates. I pick it up and turn it on.

My eyes widen when I look at the screen.

__________________________________

Edward: Wait... you don't have a curfew.