13

This gif just makes me laugh (don't know why)

This gif just makes me laugh (don't know why). But he looks sexy right?

***

He had to admit he loved waking up like this. His head buried in her stomach, and his tall body tried to fit in her lap. While she combed his hair with her fingers. Ivar groaned, his fingers tracing her naked thighs. Her skin was so soft and slightly brown. He understood that her mother was a slave from foreign lands just by how her skin was tanned. His fingers traced pattern up and stoped at her belly. Her nightgown was pushed to her hips so her stomach was covered. His eyes focused on his hand.

"What is it?" Her tone was affectionate, and as before, Ivar barely recognized those soft brown eyes.

"Nothing." He didn't want to scare her with the thoughts on his mind. What if she was pregnant? Could he even get her pregnant? Closing his eyes, he planted a kiss to her stomach.

"Tell me something nobody knows." She smiled slightly. Her back straightened against the bed. Maybe it didn't matter if the Gods forgave him as long as she did. But could she, especially after everything he did.

"You remember how I told you about Solveig?" Ivar winced as he unsurely nodded. But his beating heart calmed slightly at her tender look. "She was older than me by three years. Can you imagine what they did to her? By the two years that I was locked up with her, I couldn't keep count on how many times they've dragged her out of the room." Her eyes tightly shut as she tried to push the bad memories out.

"Haldor trained me, and before I knew it years went by, and six years later, I found myself seeing her eyes again. I guess the men calmed down, they didn't use the women in the great hall because Haldor knew I didn't like it. And I guess I just tried to forget something like that was ever happening."

She lightly pushed him off while sliding down over the bed until her head was under his chin. He loved that she felt protected in his arms. "I met her in one of the longhouses. One of the men was just leading her to the cells once he was— finished with her. I met her eyes and I-I" —Ronja paused as she tried her best to even her breathing— "Ivar, when I saw her eyes, I felt so much guilt. I tried, to forget it, it was six years, I mean, that was what berserkers do. But Gods know I couldn't." She snuggled closer to him, her nose nuzzling into his neck.

"A week after I saw her, I just packed my bags and betrayed Haldor. I killed the guards at the cells and freed all of the women. I've led them down the mountains so they wouldn't freeze or get lost. And after that, I just returned to Götaland and lived in the small hut near the town." She sighed, and as her cold breath tickled his neck, he shivered. His hand caressed her back as she tried to come up with how to finish her story. "It's been a year, so I guess that's the reason why he won't come for me."

"Listen to me, Haldor loves you like a daughter he will come." She breathed another sigh as she shook her head. He didn't knew him like she did.

"You don't understand, the messenger came three days ago, which means Haldor was supposed to be already here. But no signal." He could tell she was going to be stubborn about this.