It was too late to think ahead because the bell above the door suddenly chimed. I looked up to find the guy I've had a crush on for months now. Real feelings for, I think. My phone screen now read, 12:50. He's early.

Clad in a light jean jacket, black tee and dark wash jeans, he glanced around trying to find me. And then he did. Our eyes locked from across and he gave me a shy smile as he made his way over to me.

"Hey, have you ordered yet?" The empty table was a sign but he still asked.

"Uh-um-no-no. Not yet." Stop it! He's not someone you should be nervous around!

Another smile graced his lips. "I'll go get us something first, that alright?" I just nodded and he walked up to the nearby counter, too far away to hear what he was ordering.

Don't overthink. Don't overthink. It's Parker and he's such a good guy. He made one mistake and was the mistake really that bad? Maybe he was right about taking a break or maybe he'll fully break up with me today or- "Here you go."

Now sitting across from me, he pushed over a plate and a styrofoam cup. "Sweet and blonde coffee, just how you like it, and a peanut butter fudge brownie that looked really good. The lady said they're still warm." I pulled the coffee closer but grimaced at the baked good.

"Parker, I have a subtle peanut allergy."

His eyes grew wide. "Oh shit. I remember that! I just-I just don't know what I was thinking." He pulled the brownie away to the other side of the table, now embarrassed. His facial expression made me feel bad. I reached a hand over to cover his own.

"It's alright. We all make mistakes." It felt like those words had a double meaning as his expression quickly changed to something resembling guilt.

I cleared my throat, overwhelmed by his eye contact and slid my hand away, putting it safely back in my lap. "So. Tell me exactly what happened last night with my drunk ass," I laughed slightly, trying to lighten the mood.

"Well, you went a little off your rockers with how much vodka you consumed." He laughed back. "No, but, I-uh got a call from Carly pretty late and she was panicking about how you were on the table and she couldn't get you down. I didn't want you to get hurt so you know I came and got you. Carly couldn't drive so I just brought you home. Your house keys are in the mailbox by the way."

"Thank you. Seriously. I don't know what would've happened to me if you didn't bring me home safely. My memory is still pretty foggy. I got just a little bit carried away."

The atmosphere became serious. "I would do anything for you, Paige," he looked down with tinted cheeks.

"Sometimes it doesn't feel that way, Parker," I said softly.

"I'm trying, okay? I don't know how to do this and neither do you."

I wiggled in my seat trying to get to the bottom of what he was trying to say. "Then why are we still doing this?"

"Because I love you, god dammit!" He yelled and I jumped at the volume as the room became quiet. A few bystanders looked towards him in curiosity but I wasn't worried about them, I was more concerned with what he just said.

Sure, friends and family have been telling me for weeks that he loves me. You don't fully believe them until those words spew out of the person's mouth. "What?" I whispered.

He stared at me with the same expression that I mirrored. Shock. "I... uh-I," he stumbled but then his confidence returned after he took a deep breath. "Listen, I haven't stopped thinking about you. My excuse of 'clearing my head' was beyond stupid and I never should've done that. My family just got me riled up. But here I am, being more vulnerable than I would like to admit, trying to fix things with the girl I love." I didn't say anything so he continued. "You don't have to say it back now or anytime soon, I just need you to know that I really care about you and I've missed you. Like a lot. Damn, I'm really whipped, aren't I?"

I laughed, "So am I." My smile was wider than ever before. This was all I wanted, wasn't it. I was so unsure of what was going to happen when I walked into Mirabella's today but now I understand that I agreed with Parker. I agree that I've missed him terribly and want things to go back to the 'old' ways.

"Back to the way things were?" I asked, holding my hand out for a hand shake. His grin grew and soon his warm palm was against mine. "Yes, Ms. Lewis. I would say that is adequate," he replied in a terrible British accent, trying to sound posh.

I giggled, pulling my hand back away from his. "Why don't we get out of here, Mr. Collins?"

He nodded, sliding out of his side of the table and I followed his lead. As soon as I got up, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into his side.

We're back.