"Nonsense...you have to have something!"

"Ehhh.....green tea will fine...thank you"

Veronica ordered two green teas and next gave her undivided attention to Elle.

"You look just like her"
She spoke in a whisper staring at her.

"Sorry...you said something?"
Elle asked not able to understand what she was saying.

"No nothing dear, so tell me what do you want to know?"

Elle looked back into her eyes, impressed by how she was coming straight to business.

"It depends on what you want to tell me ...after all you have called me here "

Veronica smiled trying to hide the distaste of not liking her answer to the question she asked.

"See Elle your husband is on the verge of bankruptcy and very soon all his properties will be confiscated.
Getting charged with supplying sulphuric acid without a licence is a big crime and he will never get a legal licence again.
If this is not enough, the acid supplied by him was adulterated and it blasted in a furnace killing hundreds.
The amount of compensation involved is tremendous and I don't think his company will survive this."

Elle nodded not looking much bordered.

"I don't need you to tell me all the things which I already know.
The only question which I have is to why a person like you will indulge herself in destroying the life of a man who is innocent?"

Veronica sat back in her seat admiring the bravery of this little girl.

"That's a grave accusation you just placed on my shoulders dear, I hate it when people get direct with me."

"Well, you shouldn't mind it if you know you are right.
Anyways I just want you to drop this case and take back all the charges.
So name your price miss Veronica"

The confidence in the girls' voice made Veronica admire her for a second.
So average but still so brave.

"My price you ask Mrs Elle if you could only afford it"

"That's my concern. You don't know me enough to know my worth."

Veronica smiled.

"How funny it sounds coming from a person who doesn't know a bit of how everyone is using her"

"Excuse me?"
Elle asked, confused

"Oh, Elle my dear you are so innocent my child.
I hate all of them for using you like this!
I swear I will bring them down for doing this to you!!"

"Wh..at do you mean?"

Veronica moved towards her with fake tears in her eyes.
Her manicured fingers held Elle's face in her hands as she stared into her eyes.

"I am your Aunt Elle....I am so sorry for not coming for you earlier...I am sorry to let you live with those monsters!"

Elle moved her head back escaping from her.
Not ready to believe even a word of what this lady was saying.

"No...what are you saying...my mom doesn't have a sister...I don't have any aunts...you are mistaken."

"Oh dear ....how many secrets they have kept from you.
At least I didn't expected this from David"

"I guess he is just a puppet in his second wife's hands now."

"Second wife....no...."

"Anna Hamilton Knight your biological mom was his first wife and my only sister.
She loved your father dearly but even after 5 years of marriage, they didn't have a child.... but unknown to her that bastard used to warm that who** beds behind her back.
Thomas and Rosaline were the children he had behind your mother's back.
Anna never doubted his late returns and weekend tours but how he played my innocent sister's heart.
And then finally you happened after 5 years of their marriage.
It all went well until that day when you turned 1.
I still remember it like yesterday.....that look of betrayal in your mom's eyes as she came to know about your father's actual face.
The day I lost everything.
Anna was very furious at him...she said she will not live with someone like him.
Taking you along she was driving like crazy and then it happened."