Chapter II

PICTURE OF NAOMI TO THE SIDE, OR ABOVE

Taraji

"Taraji get your ass down here before I leave you!" My sister Naomi yelled.

"Ok, coming."

Hi, I'm Taraji and I have a twin, Naomi. We're 17 years old but she's older by 10 minutes. Twins are supposed to be inseparable right? Well, Naomi hates me and so does my mom. I mean. I was the twin that grew up with the best opportunity living with our grandmother for 12 years. It wasn't my fault I didn't ask to leave I was just a kid. My mom dates some guy who is rarely here. He uses her and she uses him. *shrugs*. My dad died when I, well we were 4. Never knew him anyway. I heard his name was Santana.

But Anyway,

I made sure I had everything in my backpack before I went downstairs to where Naomi was. She was standing near the door texting on her phone. She looked up at me, back at her phone, and then at me again.

"What the hell are you wearing?"

"Uh, it's something that ...."

"Yea, whatever." She cut me off. She opened the door and I followed her to her Honda.

I don't see anything wrong with what I wear. I dress appropriate,

"Don't get used to this, I'm only taking you to school because this is your first day." She rolled her eyes and popped the key in the door to unlock it.

I sighed, why does she hate me so much? We pulled up in the student lot and she shut off the engine.

She sighed before looking at me.

"Look, I came extra early, so people wouldn't see me with you. I don't even want them to know your my little sister."

"Uh, but we look alike."

"Don't get smart stupid trick." She got out of the car and so did I.

We walked up to the school with her ahead of me. She sat outside on a nearby pick nick table while I stood beside her.

"Don't just stand near me all fucking day go and get your schedule." She popped her gum and rolled her neck.

I sighed deeply. I walked inside of the school building which wasn't that packed with students, I'm guessing it's because it was so early.

It was easy finding the front office because it was near the entrance. I pushed through the door where many teachers and staff members were talking and conversing. For some odd reason, they all scrunched their noses up at me.

I stepped to the front desk.

"Naomi, the bell hasn't even rang yet and you're already in trouble?" The older woman said.

"Oh, no I'm not."

"Wait?" The woman stopped and looked at me.

"You look so, new, refreshed."

"Oh, yes, I'm Taraji, Naomi's twin sister. I'm new here."

The other teachers began to butt in our conversation now.

"I figured." One male teacher said as he caressed his gray infested chin with a look of approval on his face.

"Yea," the other teachers agreed.

"Oh, we recently registered you I remember now. You need your schedule right?" I nodded.

She passed it over to me.

"Thanks." I left the office and went out to find Naomi to see if she would at least be willing to help me find my classes.

This time when I stepped out, the entire outside of Sherman High was packed with people, most definitely cars. Music was playing while different cliques stood round, smoking, gambling, and other x-rated things. I found Naomi sitting where I had left her only she was standing with a group of chicks and a few guys. As I got closer I noticed she was kissing on some guy. Nobody noticed that I had walked up.