We were standing in front of my room now. Growing up, honestly, I never thought I'd be leaving this place ever. This room holds so many emotions. While leaving this place, I'd decided to never come back here. Strange, isn't it, how something that was once dear to you, now have you just loathing it.

"My nightmares were the worst part of this room but at the same time, this room was my safe haven."

Instead of going into my old room, I shut the door and walked down the hallway towards the room that I dreaded the most. Nathan's room. It was painted grey. 

"Grey was his favourite colour. Because he used to believe that black was associated with evil and white with virtuous. He used to say, 'It can't be completely good or completely bad.' I realised how much truth that one statement holds." I smiled as I brushed my fingers across the grey painted walls. It hurt to smile. It was painful.

Leah wiped across my cheek and brushed my hair off my forehead. The reason I hadn't lost it yet was because of her. I don't think I would have done this if she weren't here with me. In fact, I wouldn't have even opened the lock if it weren't for Leah holding my hand through it all. I know I'd have backed out the moment I hit the brakes of my car.

"Are you sure you want to continue?" She asked me in a light whisper.

"I have to let it out." My voice didn't rise even by an octave than her's.

"But are you ready for that?" 

"I don't think I'll be able to talk about it if I keep on pushing it. So yeah, I think I am ready. You sure you want to listen? Because the past two days had been rough for you. I don't want to add on it." 

"Ethan, right now, it's about you. Don't worry about me. If you are ready to let it out, then I'm ready to take it in." God, this girl, and how well she comprehends me. But I guess that's what I wanted. Someone who would not only listen to me but truly understand how I felt. And maybe that's the reason why I feel better whenever I talk to her. 

"Let's go outside, yeah?" I asked and she nodded her head at me. We walked downstairs and sat on the doorsteps. It had become gloomy outside, the sky was almost covered with grey clouds.

"Do you know about the news of a couple of teenager boys from Eugene who helped in rescuing the victims of human trafficking, precisely around five years ago?" I asked and her eyebrows pinched together in concentration and then her eyes widened in realisation.

"Nathan was one of those boys?" 

"Nathan was one of those boys," I confirmed and saw her face morphing into confusion. "Nathan was amongst those bunch of teenagers who helped the cops in rescuing the victims of human trafficking that took place in Eugene."

"A new student had joined their high school, Mason Morris. He would always cause some trouble in school, always showing up in lectures in a stoned state."

"How did the teachers even allow him?" She asked with her eyebrows furrowed.

"His father was a politician and had an influence over almost every damn thing in this town."

"Uh-huh."

"So one day, one of Nathan's friends was passing through a deserted area of the school parking lot and there he saw Mason talking with someone, who wasn't from their school. So he went near them and hid behind a car and eavesdropped on their conversation. The conversation went something like 'don't let them get sober. Give them a higher dose.'"

"Oh my God." A gasp escaped her mouth as she covered it with her hand.

"So Nathan and the boys decided to tell the professor and he helped them to track this Mason down to his brothel, after school, of course after informing the police. They tracked him almost every other day up to his brothel which was located in the deserted part of Eugene until they had solid proof of Mason being involved in human trafficking and drug dealing. Later, the police caught the case and the traffickers were sentenced to life in prison for twelve years and a hefty fine. It was all over the news." I sighed and folded my hands on my knees and rested my head on top of them, my head turned towards her.

"But what does it have to do anything with Nathan's..." she paused to look for the right word.

"Death?" I helped her.

"Uh yeah."

"Mason had an elder brother, Elijah. He was the person behind all this trafficking, you know, giving instructions, supplying the drugs, all those illegal things. When he came to know about his younger brother being put behind the bars, he went out for revenge."

And not just from Nathan, but the entire Adams family received the end of it.

******

So, thoughts?

Don't forget to vote if you liked the chapter.

The next update might take a while because sadly, I have got other things to do as well. Be patient, yeah? Yeah.

Okay then, until next time.