Chapter 6

Christmas holidays came. It was a wonderful celebration time. Rowan and Damien were busy for the Christmas Eve Mass. The Allen family attended, with Ethan sitting with them.

Rowan spent Christmas morning and day with his father. They both were with the Hayes family for dinner. Rowan enjoyed the holidays because he put his pain aside to enjoy his family.

However, when January hit, the pain came right back. Rowan found himself depressed again. All he did was go to school, come home, and sleep (It didn't help that he wasn't having any success in the lab at work). He slept all day on his day off. He was able to have Morgan in the room with him now while he slept, but he just couldn't bring himself to sexually touch her. He gave her his consent to feed on other men, although the thought bothered him.

It was now March. Spring was beginning to bloom. Rowan was driving home when he noticed there was a car in his spot, and it was the exact same car as his. At first he thought he entered a parallel universe or something.

  He walked in and noticed in the living area, Morgan was sitting with a man

He walked in and noticed in the living area, Morgan was sitting with a man. He looked in his early 50s, about Carter's age. He had grey hair combed back, and a beard that was pretty scruffy. Very tall, and healthy for his age. The man appeared to have been having a cup of coffee, and, unless if Rowan was mistaken, he was sure they were holding hands while talking.

"Hi Rowan," said Morgan as the man stood up, "Would you come join us for a minute?"

"Uh, sure..." he responded.

"Rowan," she said, "I want you to meet Richard. He lives in Alberta but is visiting here for vacation. I thought I'd contact him and have him visit us."

"It's been a long time," Richard said to her, putting a hand on her shoulder. He then turned his attention to Rowan, who shook his hand. Rowan didn't say anything at first, he was confused.

"Dear," Morgan said, "Richard is a former feeder I had about 25 years ago..."

Rowan stood still for a moment, surprised.

"Oh...." he said, "Oh wow...."

"It's okay," Richard said, "I haven't fed her since I was 28, and I'm keeping it that way." He chuckled to himself.

"Um," said Morgan, "I contacted Richard because I think he can help you get better Rowan."

"Oh..." he responded. "I...guess I appreciate that." He did, in a way. He didn't like being depressed. He trusted Morgan wouldn't talk about this to others unless she knew for sure it would help.

"I relate a lot of what you're going through Rowan," said Richard. "I was wondering if you would like to go out and grab a beer or something. We can talk. I've already had my catch up with this wonderful lady."

Now he was interested in getting to know this guy. He wanted to know how Richard related to him.

"For sure," said Rowan.

Richard looked at Morgan, "You haven't aged a bit. You still look just as beautiful, and sexy."

Morgan giggled, "I've aged maybe a couple years in human perspective, but I appreciate your compliment." She bumped her hip against his. Rowan actually didn't mind the flirting right in front of him. He trusted Morgan enough that it was harmless.

Rowan went to change. He could hear the two talking in the foyer. He decided to eavesdrop and peek at them.

Morgan: "Thank you, you didn't have to do this."

Richard: "I know, but I want you to be happy with him. I would still do anything for you."

Morgan took his hands. "I appreciate that."

Richard kissed her on her forehead. Rowan frowned at the image of that, but he also knew he couldn't be territorial with his fiancée.

He came down the stairs, noticing the sun was now down. Richard hugged Morgan and turned to Rowan.

"Is it alright if we take both our cars? I do have to head back to the airport when we are finished."

"Absolutely," said Rowan a little relived. He wasn't sure if he wanted to have an awkward silence in the car with this guy.

They both left, Rowan smiling at Morgan on the way out. They both got into their identical cars and drove off to the bar, unaware that Whelan had begun following them.