Chapter 5: Frayed Knot

Start from the beginning

He smiled as he asked, "Ah yeah, and what's that?"

"That you love me."

He blew me a kiss before saying, "Cameron Rowell, I love you."

I blew him a kiss back and told him, "I love you, too, baby. I love you."

            Karen and I met up with Cox and Saunders at the men's clothing store that was owned by Randall Williams in Stone Mountain

Karen and I met up with Cox and Saunders at the men's clothing store that was owned by Randall Williams in Stone Mountain. We'd gotten the keys from his boyfriend, Xavier, after speaking to him to learn more about who Randall was. Xavier told us all about how Randall loved designing and altering clothes for men. Randall's parents had taken a chance on him by refinancing their home to get him a loan so he could open his business and it worked out. He repaid them by sending them monthly payments and even though he'd paid them back in full, he continued to send them money; which they used for vacations. The moment we stepped into his clothing store; I felt a sense of dignity.

"The clothes in here aren't bad," Saunders said while looking around in a section of the store with me. "I might come back in here on a day it's open and shop."

"It is a nice store," I said.

"Hey man, I wanna apologize about the other night. I'd had a few drinks and I was being a dick for no reason. However, I was serious when I wanted you to ask me if I was curious." He smiled and taunted, "So, go ahead and ask me."

"Saunders, I'm not interested. So, it doesn't matter if you are or if you're not. I'm married and my husband is everything and then some."

He smiled again as he said, "Alright, I can respect that." He looked around before asking, "Hmm, I wonder if they have any underwear for men who are packing a little more than the average brotha?"

I rolled my eyes and walked away from him and over to an area of the store where Karen was. She turned to me and asked, "Have you found anything in here that would suggest he was taken from the store?"

"Not yet," I replied. In a whisper, I told her, "Saunders made a pass at me."

She laughed lightly and asked, "Are you serious?"

"Yes. The man is a dog."

"Wow, I am surprised. He doesn't seem like the DL type."

"They never do." I changed the subject and asked, "This store is closed on Sundays and Wednesdays, right?"

"Yes, Xavier told us Sundays were Randall's 'down' days so he could rest and Wednesdays were the days he'd deposit his weekly earnings into his bank account or pay bills."

"His store security camera footage didn't show anything out of the ordinary around the time he went missing, right?"

"That's right, according to Cox and Saunders."