Chapter 1

Humans used to be considered a minority in the city of Nightwing, British Columbia. Vampires ruled the city. Humans were hunted and seen as a source of food. It was simpler times, better times. At least that's how Whelan felt. Over the centuries, humans discovered a way to defend themselves against the vampires. This resulted in the human population growing, eventually to where they outnumbered the vampire community.

Eventually, in the modern times, vampires became a myth in the city, although it was believed in as much as people believed in ghosts. Whelan saw this as very offensive to his kind. He worshiped Strahd, the vampire who originally founded Nightwing. He decided to take action, and reclaim the city.

After finding his lover, Belladonna, he was doing very well at first. However, the recent battle with the Allen family was a major setback. They ruined everything. Whelan almost had Carter's wife, but that stupid daughter of theirs interfered, and ripped his wings off. He was glad he at least drove that pipe through her chest. He hoped she would be weak for a while.

For now, Whelan would try to recover, in his lair in the sewers underneath the city. Belladonna would occasionally be there with him for support.

"They took my flight, lover" he said one morning. "I will never forgive them. I want them to pay"

Belladonna stroked his cheek with their claw. "They will, the human too."

"He wasn't there..." Whelan replied.

The hooded lover shook their head. "Make him pay anyway."