The Big Game!

Hey all! Sorry for the delay on the next chapter. End of the school year is always rough! Lots of meetings and closing out the year, even with Covid. This next week should be the last rough week and then I should be more consistent on the chapter posts. I thank you all for understanding. 😊

(The bell rings as they begin cheering. I let them know I will see them later. As I begin walking to class, I hear some familiar-sounding voices talking.)

Momo: "So have you told Y/n about us going to Korea if we pass the audition?"

Sana: "No... I don't know how to tell him. His dad is leaving tomorrow, and if we pass, we will be leaving in a few months... It is too much for him right now. I will wait to tell him until after we find out if we are actually going."

Mina: "Guys... I do not like this. I feel like we should just tell Y/n... He is going to be really hurt if he finds out we are hiding this."

(I listen to this as I am hidden around the corner...)

Your Thoughts: "Korea? Why hasn't she told me? This sucks..."

(I hear them coming my way, so I begin walking as if I did not hear anything. The girls see me and they all smile at me. I smile back and tell Sana and Momo to have a good day. Mina and I have our first class together, so we walk to class side by side. Mina could apparently tell that I had something on my mind that was bugging me.)

Mina: "Y/n, is something bugging you? Are you nervous about tonight's game?"

You: "Uh, yea. There is just a lot of pressure on me to perform. It gets to a point where you feel everyone is watching your every move and if you take one step in the wrong direction you will disappoint everyone." (I was not necessarily lying; I was just not saying the whole truth. This was bugging me, but so was the situation with Sana.)

(Mina flashed her iconic gummy smile and grabbed my hand reassuringly.)

Mina: "Y/n, you are so strong. I know it is a lot of pressure... but if there is anyone that can handle it is you. I know if I was under a microscope like that... I would have broken down so fast... I am not sure how you do it."

You: "Mina, I am sure you would handle any situation with ease. You make everything you do look so elegant and easy as it is. I am really glad to have a friend like you. Sana, Momo, and Nako are great do not get me wrong. But your presence is so calm, it is nice to have that around. It helps a lot."

(Mina smiles.)
Mina: "Well, I feel the same way. You always know what to say, and I never feel judged by you. I am glad I can help you."

You: "Me too Penguin. If there is ever a time where you are feeling like I am now, just let me know and I will be there for you. Just as you are here for me now."

(I smile back at her, and then I motion for her to enter the class first. After she enters, I follow, and we sit by each other. I look over at her with a smile on my face as she is getting out her folders that are covered with pictures and stickers of penguins. Shortly after I hear the teacher begin to speak up. We both begin to take notes, and this continues to the end of class. We walk out of class together.)

Mina: "Are you going to be okay Y/n? You know it will all work out right? You are the best player in the area and even with all your talent, you work harder than anyone else..."

(I smile and nod to her.)

You: "I will be fine Penguin. You really did help me, so thank you."