𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 5

Feather Fiasco

(ノ>ω<)ノ :。・:*:・゚’★,。・:*:・゚’☆

"So, the first class of the day is Charms. Are you ready?" Ginny asked Vivia who was casually skipping down the hall next to her.

"Yeah I think so. I hope we have it with the Ravenclaws. I really need to speak to my sister." Vivia said as she came to a standstill right outside the classroom door.

"Well, ladies first." Ginny said, seeming a little nervous to go in.

"You are a lady." Vivia giggled, but went inside anyway.

"Alright, you got this." Ginny whispered to herself and headed straight inside not noticing Vivia as she ran right into her.

"Hello professor. I'm Vivia. It's nice to meet you." Vivia held out her hand for him to shake. To say Flitwick was surprised would be an understatement. He had never encountered such a friendly student before. Sure, most kids were nice, but not like her.

"It's lovely to meet you, Vivia. I'm Professor Flitwick. You and your friend can have a seat right over there."

Ginny blushed in embarrassment when he acknowledged her. She didn't mean to be so awkward. She was just nervous.

"Are you alright, Ginny?" Vivia asked as the girls took a seat by the window.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just first day jitters is all." Ginny took out her textbook trying not to make eye contact. It was obvious that she felt on edge about this, so Vivia took the problem in her own hands.

"Look, Ginny. There's nothing to worry about. It's ok to feel a bit nervous on the first day, but you should know that as long as we don't have classes with the Slytherins, we'll be fine." Vivia tried to get her to come out of her shell by making funny faces, and it seemed to work a little bit. Though it wasn't until Flitwick started teaching that she really gained back her confidence.

"The Levitation charm is the first thing we will learn in this class. A simple incantation with the correct hand movement will make practically any object levitate. And with patience, time and a bit more control over your wand you'll be able to make them move around and fly. Now, let's go over the words you will say and the hand motion you will perform."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Wingardium Leviosa." Students all over the room were pronouncing the spell and doing hand gestures trying their best to get their feather to rise.

It took a few tries, but Ginny and Vivia were both able to get their feathers to float.

Though it could only last a second until Vivia's feather soon began to do more than just fly. Somehow it began to have a mind of its own.

"Umm, Professor! A little help over here!" Vivia yelled trying to get Flitwick's attention. The feather had started tickling a boy right under his nose making him sneeze and accidentally blow his own feather clear across the room.

"Oh, oh my! Yes dear, I'm coming!" Professor Flitwick said as he hopped down from his stack of books and scurried his way over to where Vivia's feather was causing trouble.

"Immobulus!" He shouted and the feather stopped moving. It gently floated down to the ground where the Professor picked it up.

"Alright. I think that's enough for today." And class was dismissed.