Chapter 21- Hard feelings?

Unedited

Unedited

Paras's POV

I was lying beside her and she was snoring lightly. She must be tired, I wonder if I was hard on her. She shifted a bit in her place and slightly opened her eyes.

"Mornin'" She said and smiled.

"Good morning babe." I said and kissed her on her cheek. We cuddled for a bit and then woke up. We freshened up and then I made breakfast. She looked delighted.

"Are you sore?" I asked her while we were having breakfast.

"Not much... but we need to change the bedsheet." She said nervously. OHHH !! Yeah she was a virgin before umm... whatever happened yesterday. Therefore there were blood stains on the bedsheet.

"Yeah we'll change it." I said and smiled.

After that we both left for our respective offices. As I reached my cabin, my personal agent Rohit was waiting for me. I wonder what brought him here so early in the morning.

"Good morning sir." He stood up as he saw me.

"Good morning, please have a seat." I said. 

"Sir, we need to increase security around you. Vineet Verma is out on bail." He said and I was really shocked.

"WHAT ? H...How can they leave him like that??" I said getting really frustrated. That man could do anything. He could even try to kill me and my family members. I was afraid of what might happen next.

"I'm sorry sir but we can't do anything about it right now except increasing security around you and your family members." He said looking really tensed. I was tensed too, very. Being a businessman comes with more cons than pros and this was one of the deadliest cons.

"Okay, just do it right away and keep an eye on that bastard." I said and sighed.

Nishtha's POV

I was in a La La Land today. I was even humming a song while working. Just then my dad entered the cabin, without even knocking as usual.

He closed the door behind him and took a seat in front of me.

"I hope everything is fine between you and your husband." He said in a stern manner. I wasn't feeling like talking to him at all.

"Yeah everything is great." I replied while glancing at some files.

"I need you to take your work seriously from now on. I have been observing from some days that you haven't been that much into your work since the past few days. Take it as a warning." He said. How dare he? But still, I tried my best to keep my calm.

"Dad, I have got a personal life now. Still I give more priority to my work because it's my first love. You in a way forced me to marry him. And now when everything's going fine, what do need me to do? Sabotage my own married life?" I genuinely asked him.