Chapter 21 - 100 Push Ups

I'd moved on with my life. Reece was a distant memory. I'd never forget the time we'd spent together but I was happy to say good bye.

That was a lie. Loosing Reece was the worst thing that could have ever happened. I missed his cute texts and the way that we could just pick up the phone and brighten each other's day. I missed everything about him.

It had been six months. June 2013. Not a day went by where I didn’t think about him. I loved him and I couldn't stop no matter how hard I tried.

I'd lost all contact with the Mastin's ever since last summer. There was nothing to talk about. We were over.

Our "secret relationship" was a secret no longer. Ever since the ARIA's everyone knew.

All of the Lil Rockers were distraught as well. They didn't know what to believe. I felt sorry for them. I wanted to tell them everything to put the rumours at rest but I had no idea if I was even allowed to say anything. The media would have a frenzy.

I'd tried to avoid all Reece related articles but it was hard. I didn't want to let go.

Reece had recovered successfully and was moving back to Sydney with Liv to start a new album.

He didn't look himself though. It almost looked like something was missing as if he was out of it or something.

I couldn't sleep at night. I was lucky to get over two hours of sleep.

My clock was shining brightly. 2:00a.m. I couldn't sleep again. I just wanted Reece. I really didn't know if I would ever get over him. It didn't feel humanly possible.

My phone started to vibrate beside me. Incoming Call, Reece Mastin.

My heart started to beat quickly as my hopes started to rise. Could he really be calling?

"Hello." I said into the phone.

A few moments passed but there was no response.

My hopes were shot down in a matter of seconds.

"Hello?" I questioned into the phone.

My phone beeped signally the other end of the phone had hung up.

I started to cry. I missed him. He meant more than the world. I couldn't get him out of my head. I wanted him back. It was as simple as that.

"Emily. There's someone at the door for you." Mum called out.

A week had passed since that mysterious phone call and I was more depressed than ever. I thought over time I would heal but I was just getting worse.

I walked out of my room and made my way to the door. I wasn't expecting anyone. I was being a really antisocial person at the moment.

As soon as I saw his face my insides melted.

He was leaning against the door frame with one hand scratching the back of his head.

As soon as our eyes locked our faces lit up. A million emotions were churned into one.

I wanted to jump on him and kiss his soft lips forever.

I didn't know what to do though. Did he remember me? Or was he trying to find me? Was he fully recovered? There were too many questions to go along with his beautiful face.

"You owe me a hundred push ups." He said as I reached the door.

"I what!?" I asked in a confused tone. Had he gone mental!?

"Don't you remember our bet? I beat you in our running race at the beach that time and now you owe me. And I thought I was the one with the memory problems!"