Chapter 9 - A Stronger Relationship

Ding dong! The doorbell sounded. I picked up my bag and walked to the front door. I was home alone because everyone was out.

"Hi." I greeted Reece as he pulled me in close for a hug.

"Hey beautiful.How's it goin?"

"Good thanks babe. How bout you?" I replied.

"I'm pretty good thanks. Do you want to pack another pair of clothes for afterwards? I want to take you out to dinner as well."

"Um okay sure.That would be great. Do you want to come in for second then, you can help me pick out what to wear." I said sarcastically.

"How can I say no to that?" He replied smiling. I led him inside down to the back of my house where my room was situated. He ran up to me to catch up and placed his hand in mine. His hand was all warm and made me go fuzzy inside.

I opened my wardrobe and picked out a dress and a top and skirt.

"Which one?" I asked Reece who had made himself comfy on my bed.

"Um ooh its such a hard decision." He said in a girly voice. I laughed. "Whichever one you feel more comfortable in babe. You look beautiful in anything." He said.

"Aww you'regorgeous. I'll just where the dress." I placed the dress and some other shoes in a bag and swung the bag around my shoulder.

"All ready?" Reece asked.

"Sure am. Are you gonna get up anytime soon?"

"Yeah, eventually. I could get used to sleeping in this bed." We started to laugh.

"Ewww you perv! Lets go." I said walking back out towards the car. Reece walked alon gbehind me and we were about to walk out the door when Reece pulled me back and reached out for my hands.

"Liv and Les are coming along too. I tried to stop them from coming cause I wanted it to be just us but they insisted. They said they wanted to get to know you better or something." Reece told me with a twinge of sadness to his voice.

"Babe its ok.They seem really nice." I replied earnestly.

"Like I love them and all but I really enjoyed having you to myself this week." He sounded kind of nervous and his British accent was stronger than usual.

"I know babe, I have too. They're probably just trying to protect you. Because they're older they probably feel obliged to. Its really sweet of them too. My brother doesn’t really care about you."

"So you don't mind?"

"No of coursenot." I smiled back at him in reassurance and he leaned in to kiss me. His lips brushed against mine  as his hand scupped my face. He smiled as we broke off and he placed his arm around me as we walked out to the car.

"You worry to omuch you know." I told Reece.

"But I'm the most care free guy in the world!" He replied in a funny voice.

"I know!" He just smiled as we continued to walk.

"Hey guys." I greeted Liv and Les as I got seated in the car. Reece turned the key in the ignition and started to drive.

"Hey Emily. How are you?" Liv replied.

"I'm good thanks how are you?"

"Pretty good thanks darl." Liv said.

"Hey Emily, are your parents gonna let you come to Melbourne with me for the weekend?"Reece asked me.

"Oh yeah about that you see I kind of don't want to go anymore."