Chapter 18 - One Stupid Mistake

Reece's POV

It had taken every last ounce of courage to say my speech about Emily. I needed her to understand how much I loved her. I didn't want to let her go. I couldn't.

There was only one thing left to do now. I had to go and visit her. If she couldn't forgive me then fine, I would let her carry out the rest of her life. The problem was that I wouldn't be able to carry on with the rest of my life. It would never be the same.

After my speech I ran off stage. I couldn't bare to look into the crowd anymore. I wanted to go and see Emily.

As I ran through the backstage area and out the front I quickly hopped into a vacant limo while the driver wasn't watching and sped away from the venue.

My mind wasn't thinking straight. I didn't even have a plan. All I knew was that I needed to be there with my girl. She was all that mattered.

Newcastle was a good two hours drive which made it even harder. I needed to see Emily now...not in two hours.

It was already 12am which meant that I wasn't going to get there until 2am.

I was speeding, at least double the speed limit. That wasn't a problem at the moment though because all I could think about was Emily.

Red light. Fuck it. There's no one on the road at this time anyway. As I made a quick right turn on to the free way a large truck was coming in my direction. Emily's beautiful, smiling face flashed before me. The truck beeped its horn as I tried to turn away from it but it was too late…

Emily's POV

"MUM! MUM! MUM!" I was crying out in pain. I couldn't believe what I'd heard from Liv. "PLEASE WAKE UP NOW! ITS AN EMERGENCY!"

I thought Reece cheating on me would be the most pain I'd ever be able to experience but this was a million times worse. I felt like I was hyperventilating. I couldn't breathe properly.

"What's wrong Emily?" Mum asked as she started to rub her eyes before taking a proper look at me. "OH MY GOD! EMILY ARE YOU OKAY? WHATS HAPPENED!? I'VE NEVER SEEN YOU LIKE THIS." She could see that something wasn't right.

"I-Its R-Reecey mum." I stuttered in between sobs. "H-he's been in s-some kind of a-accident and now he's in hospital."

"How serious is it?" She asked sincerely.

"I-I don't k-know. A-all I-I know is that h-he's h-hooked up to l-life support and only h-has a-a..." I couldn't finish the sentence. I didn't even want to think about it.

"Only has a what sweetheart?" Mum asked softly.

"5% chance of living." I whispered before breaking out into more tears.

"But Emily I thought he broke your heart."

"H-he did but I love him too much mum. I can't lose him."

"Well what do you want me to do?" She asked kindly.

"Drive me down to S-Sydney to see him."

"Oh Emily I don't think that’s such a good idea."

"BUT I LOVE HIM MUM. I NEED TO BE THERE FOR HIM. HE WOULD DO THE SAME FOR ME IF OUR POSITIONS WERE REVERSED!" I was screaming at the top of my lungs. I probably woke the whole neighbourhood up but that was the least of my worries at the moment.

"Ssh. Emily, everything is going to be okay."

"NO IT'S NOT! THE BOY THAT I LOVE IS ABOUT TO DIE AND YOUR NOT DOING ANYTHING TO HELP!"

"But Emily, you have school tomorrow."

"MUM! I AM NOT GOING TO FUCKING SCHOOL TOMORROW! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH PAIN I'M IN?"