Chapter 16 - Saying Goodbye Is Never Easy

My whole body was in pain yet I couldn't feel anything.

 I instantly slid to the floor and burst into tears. It was officially over. There was nothing left.

Abby had pushed Reece off her as soon as she realised what was happening. Reece was frozen as if he had just become aware of what had happened. Abby continued to push him out the door and into the corridor outside. Reece didn't even attempt to fight it. Abby quickly slammed the door shut leaving a loud bang and no more Reece. No more perfect boyfriend.

I couldn't move or talk. My body had gone into shut down. Why would he do something so stupid? First he tells me that he loves me more than anything and the next moment his tongue is down another girl's throat!?

 "Emily, you have to know that I didn't do anything in that kiss. Please don't be angry at me. I was only trying to help." Abby said softly as she sat down next to me.

"I know." That was all I could whimper out. I couldn't be angry with Abby. She was my best friend and she would never ever do something like that to hurt me. It was all Reece's fault…

I wanted to kick and scream and punch a wall all at the same time. I had never felt like this. Nothing made sense anymore. My life as I knew it had fallen apart. The person who meant most to me had hurt me more than anyone else could. My heart was a wreck. My whole body was a wreck. My life was a wreck. My ex boyfriend was a complete and utter wreck.

"Come on Emily. Lets get you to bed. Sitting here won't make you feel any better." Abby said softly starting to stand up. Like lying in a bed would make me feel better!

The cold tiles beneath me were cooling me down. I was all hot and sweaty from the crying and the pain but after a few minutes I slowly stood up and ran to bed before throwing myself onto it and curling up in a ball. My phone started buzzing beside me. I picked it up and Liv's name flashed on the screen. I threw it against the wall leaving a loud BANG as it smashed to the ground.

 I didn't want anything to do with that family anymore.

 "Emily. Emily. Emily." A soft voice was sent through my ears waking me up from my peaceful slumber.

"Go away!" I replied. There was a huge hole in my chest from the night before. I was never going to recover.

"Emily. There's someone on the phone for you." I now recognised Abby's voice and started to sit up.

"I don't want to talk to anyone." I grumbled. "And if its Reece tell him to fuck off."

"No babe. Its not." She replied.

I snatched the phone off her and held it to my ear.

"Hello." I said in an annoyed tone.

"Oh Emily, thank god." It was Liv. My stomach rumbled. There was no way I was going to talk her. That family was trouble. "How are you?"

"Go away Liv. How do you think I feel?"

"Look, please don't be mad at me. I wasn't the one that hurt you. I'm just calling because you left your jacket at the club last night and I have it now."

"Keep it."

"I also got you on an earlier flight home and I have the tickets right here. It leaves at 5pm tonight."

I couldn't be mad at Liv or the rest of the Mastin's for that matter. They were so kind and lovable. Liv was right, they weren't the ones that made the mistake. Why should I take my anger out on them? They didn't deserve it.

"Aww Livvy, thank you. That really means a lot." I said softly. A tear started to drop down my cheek.

"Anytime babe. I thought it would only make it worse being here. Do you think you could come over in an hour and collect them? And I want you not your friends."