Chapter 12 - Three Little Words

After we'd reached the hotel we got settled in our rooms. We had one room with two bedrooms and living areas and an adjoining bedroom with two bunk beds and a single bed for my friends and I.

"I bags the single bed!" I called out as my friends and I made our way into our room. It was in the middle of the bunk beds so I wanted it because I'd be able to talk to everyone. Once we'd finished in our rooms we went back into the main room and made ourselves comfortable on the lounges turning the TV on while we were at it.

"Hey Emily do you want to order room service for lunch?" Liv called out from her bedroom.

"Yeah that'd be cool." I replied.

"Les and I aren't hungry yet so just order whatever you guys want and tell them to put it on the Mastin tab."

"Okay great. Thanks babe."

"No problem darl." Liv replied.

It was really good to spend some time with my friends. I had felt kind of bad for ditching them a bit but if they were annoyed then they weren't showing it.

"Oh crap, I don't know what to wear tonight." I stated while we were eating lunch.

"Yeah me either." Brooke replied.

"Like I want to wear something hot cause Reece's friend are gonna be there but then at the same side his parents and younger sisters are also going to be there. I need to find a balance and youse have to help me."

"Of course we will." Tessa replied. I smiled back in appreciation before we were disturbed by a knock at the door.

"Emily can you get that?" Liv called out.

"Um yeah sure." I replied getting up to unlock the door. As soon as I saw who was standing at the door my eyes widened to the size of tennis balls as a huge smile crept along my face.

"Uh-h h-hi." Was all I could stutter out.

"Hello darling how are you?" I couldn't believe it Billy Slater was at my door! My heart started to beat faster than its ever beaten before and my hands started to shake.

"I-I'm um amazing thanks. How b-bout you?"

"I'm pretty good thanks." I couldn't believe who I was talking to. Ever since he had walked on to the field in his first footy game I was a fan.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked.

"Yeah that'd be good thanks but I only have a few minutes before training."

"Oh that’s cool." I gave him a welcoming smile as I led him inside to the table where we were eating lunch.

"You have a really pretty smile." Billy said.

"Aww thank you so much." I replied as we sat down. "These are my friends Tessa, Brooke, Taylah and Shannen. Can I get you a drink or something?"

"Hey guys. And no thank you sweetheart."

"So um what brings you here to our neck of the woods?" I asked curiously.

"Well your boyfriend got in touch with me and well here I am."

"Aww did he?" My cheeks started to blush.

"Yes he did. He's a very sweet guy by the looks of things."

"Yeah he really is. Oh my god I'm sorry I'm being weird I'm just in shock!" He started to laugh.

"Aww you're sweet."

"I have my Storm jersey in my room. Would you mind signing it?"

"No of course not." He smiled as I quickly ran into my room to get a permanent marker, my jersey and a camera.