Chapter 7: Just when you think you know a guy...

Authors note: I don't own anything.

"PERSEUS JACKSON" A voice boomed

The air was crackling and smelled of ozone.

The gods weren't moving or speaking, but there was tension in the air, as if they'd just finished an argument. Their eyes fixated on me watching my every move, I knelt, I know if I didn't I would most likely be blown to smithereens for disrespecting them.

"RISE" The voice from before said, I assumed it was Zeus because it came from the centermost throne.

"WE SHOULD SMITE YOU FOR USING MY BOLT BOY" Zeus' voice boomed

"And risk destroying your own master bolt?" Poseidon asked calmly. "Let us hear him out, brother."

Zeus grumbled. "I shall listen," he decided. "Then I shall make up my mind whether or not to smite him."

"Now Perseus, why don't you explain to us why you have Zeus' master bolt." Poseidon requested

So I told Zeus everything, just as it had happened including the dreams of the pit, they paled a bit after I told them about the dreams, Zeus and Poseidon turned to each other and began talking in ancient Greek, I only managed to catch one word, 'Father'. I took out the metal cylinder, which began sparking in the Sky God's presence, and held it out in front of me.

"So, you expect us to believe that Ares betrayed us?" Zeus asked

"Brother did you or did you not feel the master bolt being used and did you not send Artemis to check things out?"

Zeus said nothing but looked to where his sons' throne was, the only one empty.

"Lord Zeus, I have been informed that you have my mother." I said staring directly into the sky gods' electric blue eyes.

"Yes, what of it boy?"

"I propose a trade, the bolt for my mother."

The gods became deadly silent they dare not make a sound. Zeus was in thought for a moment, then he looked directly into my eyes. "The deal is acceptable, I shall release her in a moment, now the bolt boy"

"Not so fast, I was told to get a solemn oath and I will not barter with anything less." I respond with all the confidence that I could muster.

A most of the gods were shocked at my request, I only recognized Dionysus and Artemis, Dionysus had a small smirk on his face and Artemis looked impassive.

"YOU DARE DEMAND SUCH A THING BOY, I SHOULD SMITE YOU WHERE YOU STAND" Zeus roared

"Brother calm down it is a reasonable request, the boy only wants his mother, he is not demanding anything outrageous." Poseidon said attempting to calm down his brother.

"Fine have it your way boy. I Zeus, king of the gods promises to return Perseus Jacksons mother to him if he gives me my master bolt, I swear this apon the river Styx. Now your turn boy." Zeus demands

I follow along the lines of what Zeus said, "I Perseus Jackson promise to give Zeus his master bolt back." I respond

I place the bolt at the foot of his throne, the bolt lights up, becoming the embodiment of lightning itself as it fly's from the floor into Zeus' open hand. With a snap of his fingers, I was back in our apartment.

"PERCY" Mom yells running up to me and tackling me into a hug

"Hey Mom, I'm glad your back" I say while hugging her back and crying a bit.

"Me too honey" She said as we hugged.

She told me she'd just appeared at the apartment that just a moment ago, scaring Gabe half out of his wits. She didn't remember anything since the Minotaur and couldn't believe it when Gabe told her I was a wanted criminal, traveling across the country, blowing up national monuments. She'd been going out of her mind with worry all day because she hadn't heard the news. Gabe had forced her to go into work, saying she had a month's salary to make up and she'd better get started. I told her about the credit card that Dad gave me and handed it to her telling her that it would be better off with her.