Chapter 3: I Have A Chat With A Mummy

Authors note: I don't own anything all rights reserved.

Apparently Camp had really dedicated workers because they built a new cabin in the span of 12 hours, bunks and all. Cabin 13 directly opposes cabin 1 in positioning.

Cabin thirteen is windowless, made of solid obsidian, with heavy columns and torches that burn green fire and has a skull over the door, the door was pure obsidian with diamonds, rubies, sapphires, emeralds framing the door. The interior was decorated with gold silver and all diferent kinds of gemstones, there is a fire pit with a constant green flame and the beds have mahogany frames and crimson velvet blankets and pillows.

I didn't have to share with anyone. I have plenty of room for my stuff: a spare set of clothes and a toiletry bag. Once I woke up it seems Dad left me a gift, a wallet with a debit card that had infinite money on it. There was a note explaining how it works, the gist of it is Hades owns all the banks so he has a monopoly over the money.

I got to sit at my own new table that looked cooler then everyone else's because it was made of gold instead of stone. I got to pick all my own activities. I got to call lights out whenever I wanted to and I didn't have to listen to anyone else.

I was absolutely miserable.

Just when I'd started to feel accepted at least by a few, I felt that I might be a normal kid or as normal as you can be when you're a half-blood I'd been separated out as if I had some rare disease.

I feel if I my dad was any other of the big three then this wouldn't be as bad, but everyone's scared of death so naturally they would be scared of me.

Nobody mentioned the hellhound, but I got the feeling they were all talking about it behind my back. The attack had scared everybody. It sent two messages: one, that I was the son of the God of the Dead; and two, monsters would stop at nothing to kill me. They could even invade a camp that had always been considered safe.

The other campers steered clear of me as much as possible. Cabin eleven was too nervous to have sword class with me after what I'd done to the Ares folks and the hellhound in the woods, so my lessons with Luke became one-on-one. He pushed me harder than ever, and wasn't afraid to bruise me up in the process.

"You're going to need all the training you can get," he promised, as we were working with swords and flaming torches. "Now let's try that viper-beheading strike again. Fifty more repetitions."

Annabeth still taught me Greek in the mornings, but she seemed distracted. Every time I said something, she would look at me with this livid look, as if she wanted to rip me in half.

After lessons, she would walk away muttering to herself: "Quest ... Hades? ... Dirty rotten ... Gotta make a plan ..."

Even Clarisse kept her distance, though her venomous looks made it clear she wanted to kill me for beating her and the Ares cabin. I wished she would just yell or punch me or something. I'd rather get into fights every day than be ignored.

I knew somebody at camp resented me, because one night I came into my cabin and found a mortal newspaper dropped inside the doorway, a copy of the New York Daily News, opened to the Metro page. The article took me almost an hour to read, because the angrier I got, the more the words floated around on the page.

BOY AND MOTHER STILL MISSING AFTER

FREAK CAR ACCIDENT

BY EILEEN SMYTHE

Sally Jackson and son Percy are still missing one week after their mysterious disappearance. The family's badly burned '78 Camaro was discovered last Saturday on a north Long Island road with the roof ripped off and the front axle broken. The car had flipped and skidded for several hundred feet before exploding.